- Alex Galchenyuk whips a backhand shot on goal and the Leafs are only seconds ahead.
- Not like you want to start against the Leafs.
- Welcome back with a scrum in front, but the Canadiens can’t hit the puck.
- And it’s now 2-0 as John Tavares gets his stick on a rebound that shouldn’t have been there.
- The Canadians have a great two-to-zero shorthanded race. As a result, Nick Suzuki takes a high stick in the face of Tyler Toffoli, if you want a snapshot of how the period unfolds.
- The Canadians actually have more control of the game, minus both chances.
- Well, do that minus the three chances which translates to three goals for the Leafs.
- Tough start for Primeau, who looks like a dropped EBUG in his first competitive game.
- The spirit of the Canadiens has been broken and the Leafs have it all now.
- 4-0 now, despite Ben Chiarot’s efforts to keep the puck from hitting the back of an empty net twice.
- The period draws to a close, and the bomb-struck Canadians slip off the ice.
- Allen walks in to start the second, as he had to.
- Two Canadians celebrate a power-play goal to start the second period.
- But that’s not really a goal.
- The Leafs put the puck in the net on a delayed penalty.
- It is not an objective either.
- Cole Caufield opens for a shot. You know it’s a goal.
- Josh Anderson drops his shoulder in a head-to-head race with TJ Brodie. It’s not a goal, but it’s a power play.
- A few glances, Caufield misses a swing on a rebounding puck, and it’s still 4-1.
- Tyler Toffoli wins the zone, gets the net shot and Artturi Lehkonen hits in a rebound. It’s a 4-2 game.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi takes a high stick from Alex Galchenyuk as we get a small third overall over third violence overall.
- Kotkaniemi needs to work on his bleeding abilities. It’s just two minutes.
- The young power play unit has a few looks, but there’s no goal to find.
- Caufield still does everything he had to find a goal. Must admire the spirit.
- And as a reward for holding it to the end, you can see a goal from Auston Matthews!
- Perry and Caufield get the chance to work on their chemistry in the penalty area as the Leafs get a five-on-three
- Kill. Caufield tries to score another.
- The game ends 5-2. Saturday will have to be a lot better.
EOTP 3 stars
3) you weren’t the only one late
2) There have certainly been …
1) If only we had all been as lucky as sualbu