The French Minister of Culture presents a strategy for the restart of cultural places – fr

0
7
The French Minister of Culture presents a strategy for the restart of cultural places – fr


French Culture Minister Roselyne Bachelot outlined the strategy for reopening cultural venues, including cinemas, on May 19. For one thing, there will be no sale of popcorn or other food and drink in theaters during the first three weeks. reopening.

Speaking to the National Assembly on May 3, Bachelot said eating would not be allowed inside theaters as restaurants and bars would also not be allowed to serve customers inside until June 9. Only outdoor spaces outside cafes and restaurants will reopen on May 19.

“There is no reason why there should be double standards in terms of restrictions imposed on ‘common’ restaurants and restrictions that would apply to restaurants linked to a cultural event (or a place)”, Bachelot declared to the National Assembly. The idea behind it is that everyone wears a mask inside and has no reason to take it off.

Bachelot also stressed that the government is aware of the economic impact that the seat limitation – starting at 35% on May 19 to reach 65% on June 9 and 100% on June 30 – will have on cultural venues and is currently discussing with the Ministry of Economy and Finance to find funds to compensate for entries in the early stages of the reopening of cinemas, musical performances and live performances. All French cultural venues have been closed since October 30.

Exhibitors and distributors were also hoping that moviegoers could attend the evening screenings ending after the 9 p.m. curfew (to be maintained until June 9) with proof of ticket purchase, but Bachelot did not solved the problem. In theory, a 9 p.m. curfew means theaters should be able to schedule an evening screening, unless films are longer than two hours. However, it will be difficult for people to return home at that time after a screening comes out.

Bachelot acknowledged that the French industry “faces a wall of films” in the coming months and said the backlog included around 150 French films and 250 foreign films. Bachelot said it was encouraging to see that the anti-trust board has recently given positive feedback on the initiative discussed by French retailers to cooperate on the timing of their respective releases. The Minister of Culture said the National Film Board (CNC) had been asked to draft an agreement in which distributors could participate. and everyone, ”said Bachelot. So far, none of the biggest players in distribution – Gaumont, SND, UGC, Pathé, Studiocanal and Metropolitan FilmExport – have taken part in the discussions to coordinate the releases.

Speaking of rescue measures, Bachelot did not mention the situation of the self-employed in the entertainment industry, who traditionally have access to unemployment benefits after having completed 507 hours of work per year and are demanding an extension of the exceptional regime which has granted them given compulsory access to grants. during the pandemic and ends in July 2021.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here