Here is today’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data through May 3.
Progress of vaccination:
- Doses delivered: nearly 3.09 million.
- Doses administered: nearly 2.85 million.
- Received at least one shot: nearly 1.51 million or 56.1% of San Diegans aged 16 and over.
- Fully vaccinated: over 1.09 million or 40.8%.
- The goal: to vaccinate completely 75% of San Diego County residents aged 16 and over or 2,017,011 people.
- To date, 74.8% of the target population has received at least one vaccine and 54.4% are fully vaccinated.
- More information about vaccination can be found coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine.
- The adjusted case rate calculated by the State of San Diego County is currently 5.0 cases per 100,000 population.
- The percentage of positivity of the test is 2.2%.
- The measure of health equity is 2.7%.
- The CDPH assesses counties on a weekly basis. The next report is scheduled for Tuesday, May 11.
- Two new community outbreaks were reported on May 3, one at a daycare / preschool / daycare and one at a TK-12 school.
- In the past seven days (April 27 to May 3), 19 community outbreaks have been confirmed.
- The outbreak of outbreaks in the community is seven days or more in seven days.
- 6,424 tests were reported to the county on May 3 and the percentage of new positive cases was 3%.
- The 14-day moving average percentage of positive cases is 1.5%. The target is less than 8.0%.
- The daily 7-day test average is 13,260.
Cases, hospitalizations and admissions to intensive care:
- 186 cases of COVID-19 were reported to the county on May 3. The region’s total is now 276,878.
- 15,264 or 5.5% of all cases required hospitalization.
- 1,684 or 0.6% of all cases and 11% of hospitalized cases required admission to an intensive care unit.
- A new death linked to COVID-19 was reported on May 3. The total for the region is 3,713.
- The deceased was a woman in her sixties with underlying health issues. She died the week of May 1.
The more detailed data summaries found on the County coronavirus-sd.com website are updated around 5 p.m. daily.