Here is today’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data through May 26.
Progress of vaccination:
- Doses delivered: more than 4.09 million.
- Doses administered: over 3.61 million.
- Received at least one shot: over 1.92 million or 68.5% of San Diegans aged 12 and over.
- Fully vaccinated: over 1.49 million or 53.4%.
- The goal: to vaccinate completely 75% of San Diego County residents aged 12 and over or 2,101,936 people.
- To date, 91.4% of the target population has received at least one vaccine and 71.3% are fully vaccinated.
- More information about vaccination can be found coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine.
- The adjusted case rate calculated by the state of San Diego County is currently 2.4 cases per 100,000 population, placing the county in the Orange level.
- The percentage of positive tests is 1.5%, placing the county in the yellow level.
- The measure of health equity is 1.8%, which puts the county in the yellow tier.
- While two of the three parameters qualify the county for the yellow level, the state assigns counties to the most restrictive level, in this case, the orange level.
- The CDPH assesses counties on a weekly basis. The next report is scheduled for Tuesday June 1.
- A new community outbreak was confirmed on May 26 at a TK-12 school.
- In the past seven days (May 20-26), 9 community outbreaks have been confirmed.
- The outbreak of outbreaks in the community is seven days or more in seven days.
- 13,565 tests were reported to the county on May 26 and the percentage of new positive cases was 0.7%.
- The 14-day moving average percentage of positive cases is 0.9%. The target is less than 8.0%.
- The daily 7-day test average is 10,307.
Cases, hospitalizations and admissions to intensive care:
- 101 cases of COVID-19 were reported to the county on May 26. The region’s total is now 279,959.
- 15,391 or 5.5% of all cases required hospitalization.
- 1,703 or 0.6% of all cases and 11.1% of hospitalized cases required admission to an intensive care unit.
- One new death was reported on May 26, 2021. The region’s total is 3,756.
- A man died on May 14, 2021. He was 70 years old and suffered from underlying health conditions.
The more detailed data summaries found on the County coronavirus-sd.com website are updated around 5 p.m. daily.