The 31-year-old has enjoyed a return to more consistent football this season with a loan to Tottenham. However, his return to the Real Madrid club did not go as planned. He arrived in London injured and struggled to buy time until the end of the campaign.
Talk about his dominated plans his interviews earlier this year, but he gave a rather cryptic answer. Sunday, however, it opened, admitting that he would “cause chaos” if he announced his plans before Euro 2020.
Indeed, he has always said he wanted to focus on the tournament with Wales before going any further.
Bale has a year left on his Madrid contract amid doubts over his rehabilitation with fans and boss Zinedine Zidane – two factors that prompted him to quit last summer.
According to the Spanish publication abc, however, the winger plans to get completely carried away in football after the summer.
He is said to have had talks with his family about the decision-making, which would see him terminate his contract.
In doing so, he would be entitled to a large share of the value of his contract. Bale earns £ 600,000 a week in Madrid, part of which Spurs have agreed to pay to fund his temporary stay.
The report also claims that Bale “doesn’t like” the demands of modern professional football. He would also not have in him the capacity to keep making sacrifices for the game.
Overall, the forward has finished with 16 goals in 34 games this season. He showed his class with a brace against Leicester on the last day of Sunday.
After being a substitute, his brace helped Spurs overcome their deficit and gut the Foxes out of the Champions League.
Bale avoids causing chaos
Speaking last Sunday about his future, Bale said: “I know what I’m doing, but it will only wreak havoc if I say anything.
“All I can think of now is to finish this season strong and we meet right away for the Euros.
“I don’t think of anything other than Wales.”
READ MORE: Transfer expert gives Tottenham fatal final blow to hopes of keeping Harry Kane