Two intruders were arrested last week after climbing a fence and entering the grounds of the Queen’s Estate in Windsor.
According to a report in The sun, police apprehended a 31-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman after they allegedly jumped over the fences of the Royal Lodge in Windsor on April 25.
The area of the estate they broke into, the newspaper reported, was close to where Elizabeth II goes horseback riding and walks with her corgis. Also nearby are the All Saints Chapel, where the Queen attends Sunday services, and Prince Andrew’s house; Andrew would be at home during the security breach.
After their arrest, the two suspects were taken to a nearby police station and then released on bail.
RELATED: Research Shows Queen Has Bigger ‘Global Brand’ Than Oprah Winfrey, Beyoncé & Kim Kardashian
To make matters worse, this latest incident came just six days after a similar security breach, when a woman was mistakenly allowed onto the palace grounds and ended up inside the home of Andrew before being stopped by a member of staff. She was arrested on suspicion of burglary, and later brought under mental health law when she claimed that she and Andrew were engaged, and that she was there to meet him for lunch.
“It’s an amazing mistake. Everyone was on high alert after the first intruder, now it’s happening. Heads might roll. It’s unforgivable, ”said a source. The sun. “The couple wandered for centuries before anyone spotted them and the police were called.
RELATED: The Queen’s Birthday Will Be Different This Year After Prince Philip Death
Ken Wharfe, who served as a personal protection officer for Princess Diana, criticized the royal family’s lax security.
“When you factor in these incidents, it’s a joke,” Wharfe said. “This is totally unacceptable and makes the queen vulnerable. It is very worrying and things really need to change. “