The Welsh government has confirmed its intention to open reception centers from May 17.
They have been authorized to reopen outdoors since April 26.
Prime Minister Mark Drakeford had said before the election that he thought the sites could reopen from Monday, but said it would be the decision of the one who would be elected on May 6.
Labor has regained control of the Senedd, and Mr Drakeford has now confirmed that the rule change will come on Monday.
The Government had been pressured by the sites to receive more notices to allow them to reopen safely and so that businesses could operate in a way that made it economically viable.
In a letter last week, the Welsh Independent Restaurant Collective (WIRC), which represents 400 establishments across Wales, said the restrictions had not only killed some businesses but left those that could open make 50% of their normal turnover due to the 2 million rule. and restriction on the size and composition of tables.
Today more than ever this type of journalism is important and we want you to be able to access it in one place with just one click. It’s completely free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
To subscribe, click here, enter your email address and follow the simple instructions.
They asked for clarification on the rules under which they could reopen and financial support from the government. The companies say there has been “a complete lack of financial support since the end of March.”
The Welsh government has confirmed restaurants can reopen while giving details of a plan to donate sums between £ 2,500 and £ 25,000 each to ‘cover running costs until the end of June as they prepare upon reopening and on more normal commercial terms ”.
The government says nightclubs and late night entertainment venues; events and conference venues not already covered; hospitality and leisure businesses, including restaurants, pubs and cafes, as well as supply chain activities, which have been materially affected by the restrictions, will all be able to avail themselves.
Prime Minister Mark Drakeford said: ‘The public health situation continues to improve in Wales – we have the lowest coronavirus rates and the best vaccination rates in the UK.
“We know the restrictions have helped keep us all safe, but they have had a big impact on Welsh businesses, which is why we are making more funds available to support businesses and save jobs.
“Eligible businesses will receive support of up to £ 25,000 as they prepare to reopen and move towards more normal trading conditions.
“My new government will provide more details on the additional financial support we will provide to businesses to help them grow and grow as Wales recovers from the impact of the pandemic.
“As we continue to ease restrictions, I can confirm that starting Monday, up to six people from six different households will be able to meet indoors in regulated places, such as cafes and pubs. “
The Welsh government has said businesses will be able to submit claims by the end of the month and will receive between £ 2,500 and £ 25,000 depending on their circumstances.
Funding will be calculated based on the size of the business and the type of restrictions it is subject to.
WIRC responded, “We welcome the announcement of parity between internal and external trade rules for the hospitality industry, allowing six people from six households in both. We are pleased that the Welsh government has heeded our calls for simplicity and consistency in the rules, and we will continue to work with the government to implement them.
“We also welcome the indication of additional financial support and look forward to hearing details on this in the coming days – it is clear that many companies are in need of funding at this time. allow them to survive ”.