Content of the article
Toronto public health officials are investigating a possible COVID-19 outbreak at a hotel where travelers arriving to Canada by air should be quarantined.
In a statement released over the weekend, the Toronto Public Health Department says it is aware of cases in people linked to the Crowne Plaza hotel workplace.
The agency says it has assigned staff to identify all cases related to the facility and advise on appropriate health and infection control measures.
He indicated that no further details will be provided at this time due to privacy concerns.
The Crowne Plaza is listed as one of the designated quarantine hotels for travelers arriving to Canada via Toronto.
The federal government is forcing anyone who visits the country to self-isolate in a hotel for three nights to help reduce the risk of the virus spreading.
GOVERNMENT APPROVED QUARANTINE HOTELS IN TORONTO
- Alt Hotel Pearson Airport
- Hôtel Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview
- Quality Inn Toronto Airport (formerly Comfort Inn Toronto)
- Courtyard Mississauga-Airport Corporate Center West (use corporate code CGV)
- Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport
- Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
- Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Airport
- Doubletree par Hilton Toronto Airport West
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Toronto Aéroport
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Toronto Aéroport
- Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport
- Hampton Inn and Suites Toronto Aéroport
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West / Mississauga
- Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
- Holiday Inn Toronto-Airport East
- Sheraton Gateway Hotel at Toronto International Airport
- Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel and Conference Centre
- Hôtel Toronto Airport Marriott
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre