Palestinians arrested on suspicion of aiding Tapuah Junction terrorist – fr

Palestinians arrested on suspicion of aiding Tapuah Junction terrorist – fr

Palestinians suspected of aiding the terrorist who carried out the Tapuah Junction bombing on Friday were arrested Tuesday by Israeli security forces.

Those arrested were arrested by the Shin Bet internal security service for their alleged involvement in the attack. apprehend the terrorists who carried out the gunshot attack at the Tapuah intersection in which three civilians were wounded, IDF fighters arrested several suspects in the area, ”the IDF spokesman’s unit said in a statement . “In addition, the forces confiscated the suspicious vehicle used to carry out the attack. The IDF, the Shin Bet and the Israeli police will continue to pursue terrorists. “

The gunman, who Channel 12 says is a Hamas operative who lives in the village of Akraba, has still not been found. Defense Minister Benny Gantz visited the Division on Tuesday afternoon. Judea and Samaria from the IDF and promised to bring the attackers “to justice”.
Gantz, who was accompanied by the head of the central command, the major-general. Tamir Yadai and Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) Maj.-Gen. Rassan Aliyan, was updated on the manhunt and received an assessment of the situation as well as the preparation for the days ahead. He also had an “in-depth” discussion with Aliyan on civil and political issues in the Palestinian arena.

He ordered the military to continue to exercise great vigilance in the area following recent events.

On Monday, soldiers continued to search for the Palestinian attacker and Palestinian security forces were able to locate the bombed vehicle in the village near Nablus. But before it could be taken away by the IDF for examination, the vehicle was set on fire by Palestinians.

According to initial IDF estimates presented to the Chief of Staff, Lieutenant General. Aviv Kohavi on Monday, the shooting was the result of a lone wolf attack, carried out by a Palestinian in a vehicle that briefly stopped near a busy bus stop and a hitchhiking post on route 60.

The attacker fired 10 bullets in the direction of the bus stop where the teenagers were standing before fleeing the scene. Three Givati ​​soldiers fired seven bullets at the car, hitting it but not the attacker, who fled the scene in the vehicle.

Two of the three victims of the attack, aged 19, remain hospitalized at Rabin-Beilinson Campus Medical Center in Petah Tikva, while the third, Amichai Hala from Safed, has been released.

One of the victims, Benaya Peretz from Beit She’an, who remains in very serious condition with a back injury, described the assailant, claiming he was a tall man who held the gun in two. hands after stopping 2.5 meters from them. at the bus stop. Peretz said he stood at the bus stop behind concrete slabs meant to protect from terrorist attacks.

According to his father, Ofer Peretz, who spoke on army radio on Tuesday morning, Benaya was paralyzed by the bullet that hit him in the back.

The IDF has beefed up its forces in the West Bank and, according to the Palestinian WAFA news agency, Israeli security forces have arrested at least 20 Palestinians in the aftermath of the attack, including several in East Jerusalem.

Violence erupted in Akraba when soldiers searched the village, arresting a Palestinian who threw a Molotov cocktail at them. While in the village, they found the burnt remains of the silver Hyundai that was allegedly used in the attack. This follows heavy clashes involving Molotov cocktails, stone throwing and live fire by the IDF during a manhunt in the Palestinian town of Beita late Sunday evening.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here