Ontario Premier Doug Ford to provide update on second doses of COVID-19 vaccine on Friday –

0
7
Ontario Premier Doug Ford to provide update on second doses of COVID-19 vaccine on Friday – fr


TORONTO – Ontario Premier Doug Ford is expected to provide more details on the second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at a press conference on Friday morning.

The Prime Minister will be joined by Health Minister Christine Elliott and Solicitor General Sylvia Jones for the press conference at 10:30 a.m.

CTVNewsToronto.ca will broadcast it live.

Vaccine eligibility expanded over the weekend to allow anyone aged 12 and over to get vaccinated at the provincial site.

Two injections are required to be considered vaccinated against COVID-19. Residents of Ontario currently wait about four months between each dose, with a few exceptions for some healthcare workers, the elderly, or people with specific health conditions.

Earlier this week, the government said 60% of adults in Ontario had received a dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, be it Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca.

Ontario suspended injections of the first dose of AstraZeneca earlier this month due to an increase in reports of rare blood clots. Earlier this week, health officials confirmed that those who had already received their first dose will soon be able to receive their second.

The risk of blood clots is significantly lower with the second dose of AstraZeneca, officials added at the time.

However, Ontario Pharmacists Association CEO Justin Bates told CP24 on Thursday that most pharmacies in Toronto have yet to receive the doses due to a quality assurance process.

About 31,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine will expire after May 31.

More than 8.5 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ontario, according to government data released Wednesday.

The number of people who received both doses of the vaccine now stands at 594,854.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here