Ontario government to unveil plan to gradually reopen COVID-19 for province: government source – fr

0
41
Ontario government to unveil plan to gradually reopen COVID-19 for province: government source – fr


The Ontario government is set to unveil a plan to gradually reopen COVID-19 after a weeks-long stay-at-home order was imposed across the province.

An unauthorized government source publicly confirmed to Global News that the details are expected to be released on Thursday. However, the source highlighted the final decisions regarding all elements of the plan and its rollout was not fully finalized on Wednesday.

As The Globe and Mail first reported on Wednesday evening, the reopening could take place over a few months, with the first phase of the plan starting in a few days.

Read more:

Ontario may not take regional approach to reopening, says Solicitor General

Some outdoor activities (golf and tennis were specifically mentioned) and small outdoor gatherings are among the first items that might be allowed. Other outdoor activities in larger environments with a larger number of participants would likely not be allowed for several weeks.

The story continues under the ad

In a letter to Premier Doug Ford released by the Ontario Hospital Association on Wednesday evening, the organization urged the government to ensure that low-transmission environments (such as low-traffic parks, golf courses , playgrounds and tennis courts) are open first, followed by crowded outdoor environments. (patio dining) and uncrowded, well-ventilated indoor environments (such as retail), and ending with overcrowded indoor environments (such as restaurants and gyms).

“During the pandemic, our health care system, our economy and our citizens suffered. At [OHA], we remain deeply concerned about the capacity of the healthcare system, the burnout and burnout of healthcare workers, and the growing backlog of postponed elective surgeries and procedures, ”wrote board chair Sarah Downey and President and CEO Anthony Dale.

Read more:

Ontario to Resume Non-Emergency Surgeries and Procedures as COVID-19 Count Declines

“As the third wave slowly slows down, we are all anxious to reopen the province, but speed and range need to be carefully considered. As you said last week, we just can’t rush to reopen. Ontarians must be confident that the goal is to avoid a fourth wave and the subsequent need to reimpose province-wide restrictions, above all else.

The association also lobbied to maintain current travel restrictions, set vaccination targets for “specific high-risk communities” and keep a close eye on the capacity of hospitals and the health system (such as the use of medical devices). (indicators such as a decrease in the total number of hospitalizations, deaths and 100,000 residents, intensive care admissions, etc.).

The story continues under the ad

Earlier today, Ontario Solicitor General Sylvia Jones hinted that the government’s plan may not be region specific.

Read more:

Ontario Will Not Return To Color-Coded COVID-19 Framework, Government Says

The government recently confirmed that Ontario will not revert to its color-coded COVID-19 response framework, which has placed regions in different categories of restrictions based on local rates of COVID-19 transmission.

It was on April 8 that the government declared the province’s third state of emergency and imposed a home support order across the province to combat the surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.

Global News will broadcast the announcement live as soon as details are confirmed.

– With files from Ryan Rocca and Jason Chapman

Show link »


© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here