Here are the latest updates from Japan and elsewhere on the coronavirus outbreak:
From 1 p.m., Sunday May 30
From 11 p.m., Saturday May 29
Japan and Beyond: The Week in Photos – May 22-28
Useful Resources for Foreign Residents and Visitors to Japan
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government ” Tokyo Coronavirus Support Center for Foreign Residents (TOCOS) »Multilingual hotline
– Available in simple Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepalese, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Khmer and Burmese, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays except holidays.
0120-296-004 (toll free)
- AMDA Medical Information Center ” Multilingual consultation service »
– Available in plain Japanese and English, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. Also available in Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese on designated weekdays. Check the schedule here.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government COVID-19 Information
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Hotline
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. (including weekends and holidays)
– Available by fax for the hearing impaired
- The “Guide to the National Tourism Organization of Japan” when you are feeling sick
– Multilingual search for clinics / hospitals available in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese
- JNTO « Hotline for visitors to Japan«
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese 24 hours a day
+81-50-3816-2787 (from abroad)
- The hotline of the Japanese Ministry of Health
– Available in Japanese only, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- World Health Organization ” Coronavirus Q & As«