Manitoba extends May weekend COVID-19 public health order by 3 days – Winnipeg –

0
9
Manitoba extends May weekend COVID-19 public health order by 3 days – Winnipeg – fr


Manitoba extends temporary public health orders for COVID-19 by three days.

The province said on Tuesday that the restrictions, put in place to curb the increase in the number of cases over the long weekend in May, will be extended until Saturday.

Read more:

Manitoba bans outdoor social gatherings as COVID-19 cases reach record highs

They were originally scheduled to expire on Wednesday.

The restrictions include a ban on reuniting with people outside of a household and allow only one person from each household to start a business, with a few exceptions for single parents and those in need of assistance. caregiver.









Over 70% of current COVID-19 hospitalizations in Manitoba are unvaccinated

Over 70% of current COVID-19 hospitalizations in Manitoba are unvaccinated

“Our healthcare system is under critical pressure, our healthcare workers are under pressure, and our public health orders provide clear direction on how to prevent the spread of this deadly virus,” said Dr Brent. Roussin, Chief Public Health Officer of Manitoba.

The story continues under the ad

“Even though we see the number of cases decreasing, the number of hospitalizations and intensive care is expected to increase in the days and weeks to come, which is of concern to all of us.

Read more:

More Manitobans with COVID-19 transferred to Ontario, 353 new cases Monday

“It is essential that Manitobans continue to follow public orders and drastically limit their close contact so that we can protect our health care system and the Manitobans who depend on it.

Manitoba health officials reported 259 new cases of COVID-19 and two more deaths from the virus on Tuesday.








Prime Minister Brian Pallister calls for help from federal government as COVID-19 cases soar and critical care capacity struggles


Prime Minister Brian Pallister calls for help from federal government as COVID-19 cases soar and critical care capacity struggles

Weeks of high daily COVID-19 counts have pushed Manitoba’s health care system to the brink.

Some doctors in the province are calling for tighter restrictions, including a stay-at-home order to prevent intensive care units from being overwhelmed.

The story continues under the ad

The province’s intensive care units are operating 50% above their pre-pandemic capacity and at least 18 patients have been transferred to Ontario in the past week.

Read more:

Manitoba reports 594 new cases of COVID-19, 3 more deaths linked to virus

As of Tuesday morning, Manitoba’s intensive care beds were filled with 126 patients, including 79 connected to COVID-19, according to provincial health data.

Manitoba Chief Nursing Officer Lanette Siragusa said that with the redeployment of nurses following a new halt in surgeries starting Tuesday, the capacity of the province’s intensive care unit is now from 146.

She said the province received 12 COVID-19 patients in intensive care on Monday alone.

The story continues under the ad

There are also 314 patients in Manitoba hospitals linked to the virus, health officials said Tuesday.

In a media briefing earlier today on Tuesday, health officials said Manitoba was also working on deals to send intensive care patients to Saskatchewan and North Dakota, and that the first patient could be sent to Saskatchewan as early as Tuesday, although exact details of the plan are not available. has not been finalized.

Ontario health officials have previously said the province can obtain up to 20 Manitoba critical care patents.

Read more:

COVID-19 – Six deaths, 476 new cases in Manitoba on Saturday

Dr Perry Gray, provincial head of specialty medical services and chief medical officer of Manitoba Shared Health, couldn’t say exactly how many patients Saskatchewan and North Dakota could accept, but said it was probably less than l ‘Ontario.


Click to play video: 'COVID cases on the rise in Manitoba'







Manitoba COVID cases on the rise


Manitoba COVID cases on the rise

Gray also said the province was considering sending some patients requiring surgery, including heart surgeries and some spine surgeries, out of the province for the procedures.

The story continues under the ad

In the meantime, the federal government has announced that it will send health care workers and other supports to Manitoba, including medical personnel through the Canadian Red Cross as well as military aid.

It is also ready to deploy epidemiologists, laboratory technicians and other supports.

Pallister asked for help after speaking with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday.

Manitoba reported 353 new cases of COVID-19 and four more deaths from the virus on Monday.

Read more:

Manitoba Physicians Calls on Province to Develop and Implement Triage Protocols in Context of Critical Care Strain

As of March 2020, Manitoba has recorded 49,046 cases of COVID-19 and 1,035 Manitobans with the virus have died.

The story continues under the ad

More soon…

–With files from The Canadian Press

Questions about COVID-19? Here are some things you should know:

Symptoms can include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing – very similar to a cold or the flu. Some people can develop a more serious illness. Those most at risk are the elderly and people with serious chronic illnesses such as heart, lung or kidney disease. If you develop symptoms, contact public health authorities.

To prevent the virus from spreading, experts recommend washing your hands and coughing up your sleeve frequently. They also recommend minimizing contact with others, staying home as much as possible, and maintaining a distance of two meters from other people if you are going out. In situations where you cannot stay a safe distance from others, public health officials recommend using a face mask or non-medical blanket to prevent the spread of respiratory droplets that can carry the disease. virus. In some provinces and municipalities across the country, masks or masks are now mandatory in indoor public spaces.

The story continues under the ad

For complete COVID-19 coverage from Global News, visit our Coronavirus page.

Show link »


© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here