Last Royal Family: Bitter SNP fans silenced after attacking Monarchy | Royal

0
16
Last Royal Family: Bitter SNP fans silenced after attacking Monarchy | Royal


William started his week-long visit to Scotland on Friday, with his wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, who will join him today for the remainder of the tour. Over the weekend, the Duke of Cambridge spoke of his fond memories of the nation during a speech to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. He said: “I have been coming to Scotland since I was little.

“He can visit Scotland after Indy if he pays for his own safety. ”
However, ITV’s Chris Ship quickly shot down the SNP’s backlash by replying, “Doesn’t Nicola Sturgeon want to keep the Queen as head of state in the event of independence?” “

The Queen’s role as head of state in Scotland is unlikely to be in jeopardy if Scotland gains independence, as the Prime Minister had already made it clear that the country does not wish to be a Republican state .

She wrote on Twitter in 2015: “There is absolutely, categorically no intention to @scotgov to reduce S’land’s contribution to the sovereign subsidy and never has been.

A Scottish government spokesperson later added: ‘Scotland will continue to make the same financial contribution to the monarchy as at present – there will be no reduction in the Sovereign Grant due to the devolution of the Estate of the crown.”
Despite being impartial, the Queen has also hinted that she does not want Scotland to distance itself from the monarch and the rest of the UK.

On the Sunday before the 2014 Indyref vote, she told a supporter outside Crathie Church near Balmoral, “Well, I hope people think very carefully about the future.”

FOLLOW OUR LIVE UPDATES HERE:

9:52 a.m. update: Prince Charles urges family farmers to protect future of farming

Prince Charles called on small family farmers to find “strength in numbers” within a cooperative to face future upheavals in the agricultural industry.

The sector is undergoing a “massive transition,” Charles said, noting that more than 100,000 family farms have been lost in the past 30 years.

And, writing in The Guardian, he said family farms must be “a key part of any just, inclusive, equitable and just transition to a sustainable future.”

Earlier this year Charles launched the Terra Carta initiative and encouraged the private sector to protect the planet by embracing sustainability and investing $ 10 billion (£ 7.3 billion) in ‘natural capital’.

And he said farms around the world could work in a global food production cooperative based on the principles of his charter.

In his article published on Monday, Charles said he had already advocated for cooperatives and will do so again because “new times demand new thinking”.

He wrote: “I believe the numbers are strong and I have often thought that the best way to ensure a viable future for these small family farms would be to bring them together in some kind of cooperative.

“Although there seems to be a deep aversion to farmer cooperatives in this country (I have done my best over the years to encourage and establish them, but to little effect) they are working well. in many parts of Europe.

“These farmers are some of the hardest working and most innovative small businesses and in many ways we depend on them far more than most of us will ever know. “

9:20 am update: Prince Harry shoots himself in the foot with Apple TV + as ‘story removed’

The series, titled ‘The me you can’t see’, concerns mental health and sees Harry, other celebrities and people from different walks of life share their experiences and discuss the stigma that surrounds it.

The Duke of Sussex once again used his platform to speak ‘his truth’ and describe what it was like to be a member of the Royal family. In episode five, Harry was asked if he still felt controlled by the media since his bombshell interview earlier this year.

He said he hadn’t, but added: “They are desperately trying to control the narrative because they know that if they lose it, the truth will come out. ”

However, it was pointed out that not many people actually have an Apple TV + subscription, so it’s unclear how many people will be able to watch the show. While most people cannot directly watch the show, they will only find out what Harry said through the headlines and articles written about it. This way Harry will have the narrative taken away again.

8:48 am update: BBC on the brink: ‘arrogant’ broadcasters make a mistake to ‘tear down the house’, says former chief

The BBC comes under scrutiny following the highly critical report, released last week, which concluded that the duplicity demonstrated by Mr Bashir, which included falsifying documentation, was a “serious violation” guidelines.

Prince William and Prince Harry both issued furious statements after the report was released, with the former claiming the BBC had let down his mother with her ‘deplorable incompetence’.

Now Lord Grade, currently a Conservative peer in the House of Lords, has waded through the row in a very meaningful intervention, given his former roles as BBC1 CEO (1985-88) and Chairman (2004- 2006).

In an apologetic retreat in The Telegraph, Lord Grade said the BBC’s reaction since the report’s publication, offering a full apology and promising lessons had been learned, had been “absolutely correct”.

However, that was not in itself enough to hide what he called “a systemic failure of accountability, governance and culture”.

8:35 am update: Queen appoints Maori-British politician to major role in New Zealand – announcement

the Queen approved the appointment of Dame Kiro as the next Governor General of New Zealand.

The Royal Family’s Twitter account this morning shared the news with a brief statement: “The Queen, on the recommendation of the Prime Minister of New Zealand, was pleased to endorse the appointment of Dame Cindy Kiro as the next Governor General of New Zealand. ”

The governors general represent the queen in all constitutional monarchies recognizing the monarch as their head of state.

They are normally chosen by the Prime Minister of the country and confirmed by the Queen.

8:26 am update: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘cannot be trusted’ – Royal family reconciliation in danger

Prince Harry, 36, and Meghan Markle, 39, have expressed their wish to reconcile with the royal family despite launching a series of damning attacks on the company and sharing details of their ongoing talks with the Windsors.

A royal correspondent claimed the Sussexes could not hope to make peace with the royal family unless they could be trusted to keep things private.

Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told Express.co.uk: “Prince Harry’s attack on his upbringing and his claim that the royal family did not address concerns about his and Meghan’s mental health, seen on The Me You Can’t See, a five-part mental health series starring Oprah Winfrey, is extremely damaging.

“He talks about wanting ‘reconciliation and healing.’ There is tremendous sympathy for the trauma he suffered when he lost his mother so tragically, but perpetual and bitter attacks on the royal family will hurt him. “

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here