Coming in tonight’s Homecoming episode (May 14) of Smack down, WWE had six matches officially booked for WrestleMania Backlash, coming Sunday May 16.
The card needs at least one more game, and there was a clear path to Apollo Crews to grab that place in an Intercontinental Championship defense. That’s because he recently mixed it up with Big E, Sami Zayn, and Kevin Owens. A four-way title match seemed inevitable, it was just a matter of making the announcement.
WWE made the announcement tonight, and this 4-way Intercontinental Championship game will indeed take place. But it will take place during next week’s episode (May 21) Smack down, and not at WrestleMania Backlash.
Hey, Smack down needs matches too, right?
That leaves WrestleMania Backlash still need at least one more match. Which match (s) do you think will be added to the card for this Sunday?
Here is the current WrestleMania Backlash menu:
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman for WWE Championship
- Roman Reigns (c) against Cesaro for the Universal Championship
- Bayley vs. Bianca Belair for SmackDown Women’s Title
- Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Asuka for Raw Women’s Championship
- Dirty Dawgs (c) vs. Dominik and Rey Mysterio for SmackDown Tag Team Titles
- Damian Priest vs. The Miz (Lumberjack Match)
Be complete Smack down results and coverage of this week’s show here.