Gareeca Gordon: Woman Who Murdered Friend After “Repulsed Sexual Advances” Jailed for Life

Gareeca Gordon: Woman Who Murdered Friend After “Repulsed Sexual Advances” Jailed for Life

A woman who murdered and dismembered her friend after requests for sex were rejected has been jailed for life with a minimum of 23 and a half years.

Gareeca Gordon killed Phoenix Netts on the Birmingham property where they both lived on April 16 last year.

Bristol Crown Court heard Gordon stab Ms Netts four times, before cutting her body with a circular saw.

Phoenix Netts lived on the same property as his killer

She was arrested next to a quarry in the Forest of Dean a month later – along with two suitcases containing Ms. Netts’ remains.

The killer pleaded guilty to the murder a few days before she was tried.

Gordon texted, voicemail and emailed Ms Netts’ family after the murder to try to convince them that she was still alive and had moved to London, the court heard.

Prosecutor Andrew Smith QC said the victim told a friend in February that Gordon “demanded sex with her” and became “aggressive” when she refused.

On April 7, she texted a friend: “There is a girl here who keeps asking me to be sexual. I think I will go back to London. It scares me lol. “

Bristol Crown Court learned that Gordon called the Samaritans on April 11 and appeared ‘tipsy’.

“The focal point of the call was that Ms Gordon was describing that she loved another woman and wanted to have sex with her,” Mr Smith said.

“At one point, Ms. Gordon said that her kidneys were warming up or were hot. “

Ms Netts’ last known contact was a phone call with a friend in the early hours of April 16.

Internet searches including “how to fix a punctured lung”, “internal bleeding” and “can someone recover after being stabbed” were carried out on his phone between 2 p.m. and 3:07 p.m., the court heard. .

She had been stabbed four times in the chest, but according to an autopsy, she would have survived if she had obtained prompt medical help.

Another woman living in the shared accommodation heard drilling and clicking noises, as well as cries of “help me, help me,” Smith told court.

Gordon paid £ 45 for a circular saw on Gumtree and the tool was delivered to the property shortly on the morning of April 17th.

It was used to cut up the body when Ms Netts was dressed or partially dressed, according to the autopsy.

“The mutilation took place at five different places in the body, dividing the body into six parts,” the prosecutor said.

The court heard that Gordon had made several trips to the Forest of Dean and attempted to burn the remains there.

She was arrested when police were called to the Coleford area of ​​the forest during the COVID lockdown on May 12 for reporting a car was driving in the area.

It was then that they discovered Gordon with the two suitcases. Gordon was arrested when an officer opened one of the cases and found a partially burnt torso.

Forensic officers later discovered that the carpet, bed, mattress and underlay had been removed from Ms Netts’ bedroom, the court heard, but there was blood in the kitchen, shower and bed. living room.

The circular saw was found in Gordon’s room.

“Handwritten plans and notes regarding his removal from Coleford’s body and moving to Wales for further burning” were also found, Mr Smith said.

He told the court that Ms Netts’ parents had made personal statements about the “deep” pain of their loss.

Mr Smith said the situation was made worse by “knowledge of how she died and the defendant pretending to be her”.

West Midlands Police Detective Superintendent Scott Griffiths described Gordon’s actions as “calculated”.

“Gareeca even went on the internet and downloaded an audio app that allowed her to edit some of Phoenix’s voicemail messages, send them through social media platforms to a number of people, which confirmed she was going. well and that she was alive, ”Griffiths said.

The officer said Ms Nett’s remains had been kept in the Forest of Dean for weeks, with Gordon using trains and taxis to get there from Birmingham.

Police believe she tried to burn the body, but when she ‘failed’ they put the remains back in the suitcases and planned to take them to Wales.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here