However, the three who have not given up on the Super League – Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus – are expected to face “appropriate action” as part of UEFA’s disciplinary action.
All 12 clubs announced themselves as founding members of the separatist league on April 18, but within 72 hours it had collapsed with the withdrawal of English clubs after protests from supporters and pressure from the government.
The clubs will make a combined goodwill contribution of € 15million (just over £ 13million) to benefit children’s and grassroots football across Europe.
They will also see 5% of UEFA competition income withheld for a season. This money will be redistributed.
They face fines of € 100million (nearly £ 87million) each if they seek to join an unauthorized competition in the future, and a half fine if they breach the others. terms of the statement, UEFA said in a statement.
They will also join the influential lobbying group, the European Club Association.
A Manchester United spokesperson has confirmed that the Glazer family will personally cover their club’s share of the requested goodwill money and funds withheld.
The amount for which the Glazers are said to be responsible is expected to be between five and 10 million euros.
UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin said: “I told the UEFA Congress two weeks ago that it takes a strong organization to admit making a mistake, especially in these days of trial over social networks. This is exactly what these clubs did.
“By accepting their commitments and their willingness to repair the disruption they have caused, UEFA wants to put this chapter behind it and move forward in a positive spirit.
“The measures announced are important, but none of the financial sanctions will be retained by UEFA. They will all be reinvested in youth football and grassroots football in local communities across Europe, including the UK.
“These clubs quickly recognized their mistakes and took action to show their contrition and future commitment to European football. The same cannot be said of clubs which remain involved in the so-called ‘Super League’ and UEFA will deal with these clubs at a later stage. . “
On these clubs – Real, Barca and Juve – the tone was remarkably different in UEFA’s statement.
“UEFA has reserved the right to take any action it deems appropriate against clubs which have so far refused to give up the so-called ‘Super League’,” the statement concluded.
“The case will be quickly referred to the relevant disciplinary bodies of UEFA. “
The Football Federation said in a statement: “We welcome today’s announcement from UEFA confirming that they have resolved the issues with all English clubs involved in the European Super League proposal. We are delighted that these clubs have made a commitment to the future of UEFA club competitions.
“The FA has an ongoing investigation into the involvement of the six English clubs and we have formally requested all relevant information and evidence regarding their participation. Once we have the required information, we will review the appropriate action to take. “