An investigation has been launched following the deaths of three men in Newcastle over the bank holiday weekend.
The deaths are believed to be linked to the Spice drug.
On Sunday evening, a Northumbria Police spokesperson said eleven people had been arrested and drugs had been seized.
One of those arrested is a 14-year-old boy.
Ten of those in custody were arrested on suspicion of drug offenses and one man was arrested for manslaughter.
The arrests were all made in the Newcastle area. Nine of those people are men aged 14, 23, 26, 27, 27, 35, 36, 43 and 44 and two women aged 25 and 33 were also arrested.
Along with Sunday’s arrests, investigators also seized a quantity of drugs and accessories.
Northumbria Police Superintendent Barrie Joisce said: “Unfortunately, through our role, we often see the devastating and sometimes deadly effects drug abuse can have on some of the most vulnerable members of society, their families. families and the community as a whole.
“Fortunately, thanks to the hard work of our officers, we have now made eleven arrests in connection with this investigation and taken drugs off the streets.
“There may be others who have taken or purchased Spice in recent days and we continue to be concerned for their well-being. If anyone has taken Spice, they should see a doctor as soon as possible.
“We will continue to do all we can to keep our communities safe and to ensure that those who seek to exploit others are ultimately brought to justice.”
Anyone who suspects crime or the drug supply in their area is urged to call the police on 101 or contact us through the “Tell Us Something” page on our website.
You can also contact an independent Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.