In the main event of the night, Lashley fought Strowman in untitled action. McIntyre isn’t the sort of man to sit idly by, however, and by the end of the night he had entered the ring and introduced both Lashley and Strowman. In response, it was announced that next week’s Raw will feature a singles match between McIntyre and Lashley.
CBS Sports was with you all night, bringing you the results and highlights from the ThunderDome inside the Yuengling Center.
McIntyre expose Lashley et Strowman
After an argument broke out between Braun Strowman and Drew McIntyre to open the series, a draw was held to determine which man would face Bobby Lashley in singles. Strowman won the toss, but McIntyre promised to send Strowman to “Claymore Country” after the game. McIntyre and Strowman exchanged words again later in the series when Strowman interrupted an interview with McIntyre.
Bobby Lashley bat. Braun Strowman via pinfall with a spear. The two great men met power with power early before Strowman embarked on a quick PowerSlam before Lashley could step out of the hold. Shortly after the match started, McIntyre’s music hit and he made his way to the ring. Strowman came out of the ring to face McIntyre but was punched from behind by Lashley, who punched McIntyre. McIntyre took part in the commentary for the match before eventually exchanging words with Strowman, leading a distracted Strowman to get hit by a Lashley spear for the finish. McIntyre then entered the ring and punched the two men with Claymores to end the show.
It really did nothing to create the problems between Lashley, Strowman, and McIntyre. The hint that McIntyre and Lashley might team up to get rid of Strowman was never really in play and the main event match was short and much of it was lost at a commercial break. There isn’t much they can do to add extra interest to the WrestleMania Backlash game, but the little they can do has not really been accomplished here. Grade: C
What else happened on WWE Raw?
- Raw Tag Team Championship – Omos and AJ Styles (c) def. The New Day via pinfall to keep the titles when Styles hit Xavier Woods with a phenomenal forearm after jumping off Omos’ shoulders. Ahead of the match, Styles claimed the duo had not been on TV since capturing the title at WrestleMania because they were busy partying.
- A vignette has been released announcing Eva Marie’s return to WWE.
- Charlotte Flair won. Dana Brooke via submission with figure-eight. After the match, Mandy Rose kicked Flair when she didn’t break the hold. This drew Sonya Deville, who agreed to add Flair to the Raw women’s championship match at WrestleMania Backlash. Rhea Ripley then hit the entrance ramp to say that she’s put up with Flair enough and no one likes her. Asuka joined the fray, leading to a brief scuffle where she was the only woman left standing.
- Sheamus def. Mansoor via disqualification after the race of Humberto Carrillo. Sheamus attacked Carrillo during a backstage interview, telling Carrillo that he would no longer be able to respond to the open challenge later that evening. Mansoor was then shown signing his contract on Raw backstage before Sheamus challenged the last member of the Raw locker room. As Sheamus seemed to have the game in hand, Carrillo raced for the DQ, but Sheamus was able to end things by hitting both men with Brogue Kicks. The loss by disqualification ended a 49-0 run for Mansoor.
- Damian Priest bat. John Morrison via pinfall after performing Hit the Lights. The Miz tried to interfere and help Morrison, but ended up causing the referee to miss a small bundle of Morrison.
- Lucha House Party defeated. Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin via pinfall after Gran Metalik hit Benjamin with the rope elbow. After the match, Alexander criticized Benjamin, saying Benjamin was the reason they were kicked out of The Hurt Business and he too should have turned his back. Alexander then said their team was over.
- Angel Garza bat. Drew Gulak via pinfall with a Wing Clipper. After Gulak threw up the challenge for the match, Garza vowed to push a rose up Gulak’s “ass”. After the match, Garza shoved a rose into Gulak’s pants, then hit the same spot with a kick while running.
- Randy Orton and Riddle fight. Elias and Jaxson Ryker via pinfall after Riddle hits Elias with a floating brother. The match took place after Elias and Ryker accidentally hit Orton with a tomato thrown backstage.
- Alexa Bliss chatted about Lily in the Alexa Playground, saying that someone had caught the doll’s attention, but that she wasn’t ready to reveal who.
- Women’s team championship – Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) def. Lana & Naomi via submission to keep the titles. Reginald interfered to help turn the tide and installed Baszler to lock up the Kirifuda clutch.