Chris D’Elia’s withdrawal from “Army of the Dead” cost “a few million” – fr

0
13
Chris D’Elia’s withdrawal from “Army of the Dead” cost “a few million” – fr



Reviews and recommendations are impartial and the products are selected independently. Postmedia may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on this page.

Content of the article

Filmmaker Zack Snyder and his producer wife Deborah have spent millions of dollars to digitally remove besieged actor Chris D’elia from Army Of The Dead.

The couple admitted it was a “fairly easy” choice to remove Chris – who was accused of sexual misconduct by several women last year – and add actress Tig Notaro to the Netflix film instead, but it has not been cheap.

Deborah told Vanity Fair magazine, “It was expensive, for sure”, with director Zack explaining it cost “a few million.”

“I will say Netflix did the right thing. They put their money where it was, ”added Deborah.

We apologize, but this video failed to load.

She previously revealed the ‘intimidating’ process used to add Tig to the film, which they had to do amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Deborah told The Hollywood Reporter, “We shot for 14 days to get Tig into the movie. If it hadn’t been for the pandemic, we probably would have brought the whole cast in and re-shot scenes with everyone. But we didn’t have that luxury.

“We were trying to stay small. We were trying to keep him safe. The studios were only making agreements with all the unions on the rules for returning to filming.

“As one of the first (returning in-action productions), we were very conservative in our approach, so we decided to shoot everything on green screen. Thank goodness Marcus (Taormina) our visual effects supervisor is amazing. We sat down with him and Zack and got it.

The Army of the Dead, which also stars Dave Bautista and Huma Qureshi, was released on Friday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here