Women modify lawsuits against Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans to disclose their names; 1 complainant withdraws his action “for the moment”

0
16
 Women modify lawsuits against Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans to disclose their names;  1 complainant withdraws his action


[]).push(function () { viAPItag.display(“vi_1088641796”) }) || []).push(function () { viAPItag.display(“vi_1088641796”) })

HOUSTON – Twenty women who sued Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson for inappropriate behavior and sexual assault have changed their petitions to release their names.
Another trial is expected to be passed on Thursday after an emergency hearing was canceled on Wednesday.

One of the 22 original lawsuits has been dropped by a plaintiff “for now”, according to court documents.

“Given the confidentiality and security concerns, the complainant has decided not to pursue her case for the time being,” the document said. “The Applicant reserves the right to resubmit this matter once these concerns have been resolved. “

On Friday, two judges ruled that most plaintiffs suing Watson must identify themselves. Decisions from two hearings on Friday covered 13 of 22 lawsuits against Watson, while lawyers also agreed to release a 14th name later today. Before Friday, only two women had been publicly identified. Another emergency hearing to determine whether the remaining lawsuits should be amended was scheduled for Wednesday but was called off shortly before its scheduled opening.

Plaintiffs’ attorney Tony Buzbee said in a statement Tuesday that his firm “had previously attempted to make available to defense attorneys the names of plaintiffs suing Deshaun Watson, and intended to do so in due course. desired “.

“We were concerned for the safety of these plaintiffs and asked the Watson team to accept a protection order where the identities could be used in litigation, but not released to the world,” he continued. Buzbee press release.

In a statement last week, Watson’s attorney Rusty Hardin said when his firm asked Buzbee “to identify his clients weeks ago, he refused and told us to file a petition.” .

“While I know anonymity is often used as a shield for victims, Mr Buzbee uses it as a sword,” Hardin said in a statement Thursday. “While protecting his clients from public scrutiny, Mr. Buzbee continues to use their anonymous allegations to destroy Mr. Watson. It just isn’t fair. And we look forward to resolving these issues in court.

[]).push(function () { viAPItag.display(“vi_1088641796”) }) || []).push(function () { viAPItag.display(“vi_1088641796”) })

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here