For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the in-game discussion. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are available the morning after each game.
- Let us make senators pay like we did with the Oilers – literally.
- Jake Allen in net is the only change tonight. This means, you guessed it, that we get the Byron-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen line again tonight. # Rather soft
- Suzkui has great luck early on, but Tkachuk the Torment gets his stick in the way.
- Well, we know Allen is careful after he stops that Bishop slap, so that’s good.
- There is a strong Gallyness going on. I feel a goal coming …
- And There you go! Danault opens the scoring with Gally (naturally) and Tatar picking up the apples.
- Petry heads for the box for tripping Tkachuk with less than a minute to go in the period.
- Rather uniform strokes. Even the energy. Canadians are in the lead. I’ll take it.
- Byron on the set with a short delay of 48 seconds! There are also slipped in some pretty nifty moves.
- Jake Evans himself had a shift to get help on Byron’s goal.
- Smoother Suzuki moves but nothing to show for it again. I will also blame Tkachuk for this. Just because.
- Allen denies Tkachuk with a quick save from the stick. This Jake Allen guy is pretty good. I say we keep it.
- We are moving towards the power play. A power-play goal to go with Byron’s shorty would be kinda nice.
- Slick Nick with another big chance, this time a breakaway, but nadda. We’re heading into another power play thanks to Rielly hooking Suzuki, so there’s that.
- Your time is approaching, Nick. I can feel it.
- The Canadians overtook the Sens 28-17. Canadians still have energy. Canadians are still in the lead. I’ll take it.
- Kotkaneimi is hit hard by Tkachuk. I mean, it wasn’t a McDavid-sized hit or anything, just your typical “It’s my job to be a pain” hit.
- A spiffy spin-o-rama from Evans and Perry finishes it off to wear it 3-0!
- Evans is definitely working on making his mark tonight.
- Gally objective !! Oh, how happy Gally’s goals make me. Especially when it gives the Canadiens a 4-0 lead.
- Paul is in trouble for roughing up Lehkonen (don’t be there) and we’re heading into the power play with four minutes to go.
- Oh Leky. We have less than two minutes left and you take a penalty.
- And Brown immediately ruins Allen’s shutout.
- They might not be back-to-back shutouts, but they are back-to-back wins.
- I’ll take it.
EOTP 3 stars
3) Leave an impression in case he has to go to Laval
2) You should have wished for more than one
1) The funniest version