Terrified 7-year-old girl shot dead as she ran into her father’s arms as soldiers opened fire – World News

Terrified 7-year-old girl shot dead as she ran into her father's arms as soldiers opened fire - World News

A seven-year-old girl was shot dead as she ran in terrified past the soldiers and into her father’s arms.
Khin Myo Chit’s devastated father said, “I’m so sad I can’t feel it anymore” after the gruesome murder by brutal Myanmar junta forces on Tuesday.

The girl is the youngest known victim of the brutal crackdown that continues to take hold of the country after a coup last month.

The protests have left at least 275 dead as security forces use lethal force to quell unrest, according to the Association for Assistance to Political Prisoners.

The deposed President U Win Myint and Aung San Suu Kyi, the head of the civilian government, are still locked up after the military coup.

In the latest shocking act of savage violence, soldiers reportedly shot the child in her home in Mandalay on Tuesday.

U Maung Ko Hashin Bai opens up about his devastation after the murder

Speaking to Sky News, her grieving father, U Maung Ko Hashin Bai, said: “They entered the house, they broke the doors and they were shooting inside.

“The kid was really scared and she was screaming and they said ‘it’s not scary’ and then they started shooting again.

“They were beating his brother. Then they asked her as she ran towards me ‘are you the scared one?’ – and then they shot him.

“After I was shot, they brought me and I carried her and ran down the street. She died on the way, she did not even arrive at the clinic.

A candlelight vigil was organized by Burmese citizens living in India in honor of those who died

Protesters arrested by police during anti-coup protests hug after being released
Protesters arrested by police after anti-coup protests were released this week

“I’m so sad, I can’t feel it anymore, I’m so sad. ”

Disturbing photos of the incident appeared to show Khin Myo Chit, the youngest of eight, had been shot in the stomach.

His father went on to say that his son, who he said had been beaten and taken away by junta forces, was still missing.

Myanmar Now reports that soldiers later returned to take the child’s body away, but the family has already gone into hiding.

Burmese soldiers march along a street during a demonstration against the military coup
Brutal crackdown left many dead

An anti-coup demonstration
Anti-coup protests and protests continue

The girl’s sister, May Thu, said, “They broke down the doors and ransacked the house. We were on the run because we were afraid they would come and take his body. ”

Khin Myo Chit was buried in a Muslim cemetery with only a few relatives present on Wednesday.

The military has not commented on the incident.

There has been widespread international condemnation of Myanmar’s ruling junta since a coup in the country last month.

The military tried to justify the takeover by saying that a November election won by Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy was fraudulent.

Soldiers carrying guns watch protesters stage protest against military coup
There has been widespread condemnation of the country’s military

The accusation was dismissed by the electoral commission and although the military leaders promised a new election, no date has been set.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people arrested in the crackdown on protests were released on Wednesday.

Several buses full of prisoners left Insein prison in Yangon in the morning, but there was no official count of the number of people released.

Senior General Min Aung Hlaing and Aung San Suu Kyi
General-in-Chief Min Aung Hlaing and Aung San Suu Kyi, still locked up

A member of a legal advisory group who said he saw 15 buses leave reportedly said: “All those released are those who were arrested because of the protests, as well as the overnight arrests or those who were out to buy something. ”

According to the activist group of the Association for the Assistance of Political Prisoners, at least 2,000 people have been arrested as part of the military crackdown on protests that erupted in the aftermath of the February 1 coup.

UNICEF said security force tactics were wreaking havoc on children, with at least 23 killed and 11 seriously injured since the start of the crisis.

“Terror is not democracy,” the US Embassy said in a Twitter post condemning the deaths of children.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here