25 mars 2021
Stade Wiener Neustadt; Wiener Neustadt, Austria
Live stream: 1 p.m. ET; ESPN2, UniMás and TUDN
Social networks: @USMNT on Twitter and Instagram; @ussoccer on Facebook
Tonight’s US MNT starting lineup against Jamaica: 1-Zack Steffen (captain), 2-Sergiño Dest, 3-Aaron Long, 6-John Brooks, 7-Gio Reyna, 8-Yunus Musah, 9-Josh Sargent, 10- Christian Pulisic, 17-Sebastian Lletget, 20-Reggie Cannon, 23-Kellyn Acosta
Substitutes: 22-Ethan Horvath, 25-Chituru Odunze, 5-Antonee Robinson, 11-Brenden Aaronson, 12-Luca de la Torre, 13-Tim Ream, 15-Chris Richards, 16-Jordan Siebatcheu, 18-Christian Cappis, 19 -Bryan Reynolds, 24-Eric Palmer-Brown, 26-Nicholas Gioacchini
PLAY NOTES | FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT JAMAICA
- Number of US MNT starting XI caps (including this game): John Brooks (40), Christian Pulisic (35), Kellyn Acosta (26), Aaron Long (20), Zack Steffen (20), Sebastian Lletget ( 19), Reggie Cannon (14), Josh Sargent (13), Sergiño Dest (6), Yunus Musah (3), Gio Reyna (3),
- Today’s starting XI has an average age of 23, 243 days.
- The starting lineup has an average of 17 selections.
- The American formation represents clubs in five different countries: Germany (3), USA (3), England (2), Spain (2), Portugal (1)
- The starting XI represents clubs in eight different countries: England, Germany and Spain (2 each), Belgium, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Portugal (1 each).
- Zack Steffen is captain of the USMNT for the fourth time this evening. He last wore the armband in the 0-0 draw with Wales on November 12, 2020 in Swansea.
- Christian Pulisic and Josh Sargent make their long-awaited returns for the USMNT. Pulisic last appeared in the Concacaf Nations League away game in Canada on October 15, 2019. Sargent’s last run-out for the USMNT came about a month later, when he scored two goals in the team’s 4-0 win over Cuba to complete. The Nations League group play on November 19, 2019 in the Cayman Islands.
- John Brooks and Aaron Long team up in central defense for the third time this evening. The veteran defenders have helped the United States win together in each of their previous games – a 1-0 win over Ecuador on March 22, 2019 and a 4-1 Concacaf Nations League victory over Canada November 15, 2019.
- Kellyn Acosta, Sebastian Lletget and Aaron Long all played in the United States’ opener of the year, a 7-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago on January 31 in Orlando.
- The youngest player on the list, 18-year-old midfielder Yunus Musah, wins his third cap and his first since joining USMNT on March 15.
- Gio Reyna, 18, also wins his third selection. The Borussia Dortmund forward scored his first international goal at Stadion Wiener Neustadt, scoring the United States’ first goal via a direct free kick in the 6-2 win over Panama on November 16, 2020.
- Four substitutes have the chance to make their USMNT debuts tonight: forward Jordan Siebatcheu, midfielder Christian Cappis, defender Bryan Reynolds and goalkeeper Chituru Odunze.
- Jordan Siebatcheu will wear the name “Pefok” on the back of his jersey, which is his mother’s maiden name.
- Reserve defender Chris Richards made his USMNT debut at Stadion Wiener Neustadt, coming off the bench to close the 6-2 victory over Panama last November.
- Substitutes Erik Palmer-Brown and Luca de la Torre will be looking for their first USMNT appearances in nearly three years. Palmer-Brown last played in the United States’ 1-1 draw against France on June 9, 2018 in Lyon, while de la Torre’s last selection was in fact his debut, coming off the bench in the ‘a 2-1 loss to Ireland a week earlier.