Cyndi Lauper comes to the defense of her friend Sharon Osbourne.
The beleaguered ‘The Talk’ co-host has faced backlash for remarks she made two weeks ago while supporting her British boyfriend and colleague, Piers Morgan, following her controversial comments on Meghan Markle.
“I wanted to go out publicly to support my friend [Sharon Osbourne]Lauper, 67, started off in a lengthy Instagram caption accompanied by a photo of herself with Osbourne, 68.
Lauper continued, “I’ve known her for a long time and I don’t think she is racist. I understand that she may have misspoken, used the wrong words, and acted in a way that hurt others. She may even have ignored his apologies. But I believe she is sincerely trying to do it right. ”
SHARON OSBOURNE FIGHTS WITH RETURN TO “THE TALK” IN THE MIDDLE OF EXTENDED HIATUS: “I DON’T KNOW IF I WANT”
The singer said that while “we all make mistakes,” she herself “couldn’t sit still and say something,” in defense of the former reality TV star.
“We all want to have a second chance, but nobody wants to give a second chance,” said Lauper. “We all want to be forgiven but no one wants to forgive. I believe Sharon is sincere in her desire to apologize and change. I hope everyone will at least be willing to listen to it. ”
CYNDI LAUPER, BILLY PORTER’S NEW YEAR’S PERFORMANCE SLAMMED BY VISITORS: “FINAL PUNISHMENT FOR 2020”
The public decree in favor of Osbourne has not been widely welcomed by those on social media following the “Time After Time” singer.
“Don’t get involved,” one commenter replied under the Instagram post, while another user simply wrote, “Come on Cyndi. Not followed. ”
SHARON OSBOURNE HAPPENS FOR PIERS MORGAN DEFENSE DURING MEGHAN MARKLE DEBATE
Others pleaded with Lauper, “Cyndi, please don’t defend this,” while another singer’s fan responded, “I love you Cyndi, but I’m going to have to disagree. ”
In light of Osbourne’s recent remarks, the wife of rock legend Ozzy Osbourne should have hired outside security to protect her home in Los Angeles in case someone tries to break into the property.
According to a report from TMZ, the CBS co-host was plagued by violent threats on social media and random people calling her cell phone – and due to the harassment she felt she needed to take extra precautions to protect herself and her family.
Osbourne has also disabled the comments section on his social media accounts.
‘THE TALK’S HIATUS EXTENDED TO’ REVIEW ‘EVENTS FOLLOWING THE GROWTH OF SCANDAL SHARON OSBOURNE
Last week, Osbourne also denied accusations that she used race-insensitive language towards her former “The Talk” co-host Holly Robinson Peete, who co-hosted the show’s first season and left. in 2011.
On March 12, Peete claimed that Osbourne played a role in his dismissal after saying Peete was “too ghetto”.
SHARON OSBOURNE REFUSES TO CALL FORMER CO-HOST “THE TALK” HOLLY ROBINSON PEETE “TROP GHETTO”
“In response to Holly Robinson Peete’s accusation that I fired her from The Talk, I am sharing an email Holly sent me a month after being released by CBS,” Osbourne said Explain March 13. “Like I said before, I never had the ability / authority to get anyone fired from The Talk. ”
“The Talk” is currently on hiatus as the cast and CBS bigwigs craft a roadmap for navigating its next steps – a pivot that Andy Cohen believes is a bad move.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP
Meanwhile, Osbourne told Entertainment Tonight earlier this week that she isn’t sure if she will ever return to the popular daytime program because Osbourne doesn’t know “if I’m wanted there.”
Representatives for Osbourne and Lauper did not immediately return Fox News’ request for comment.