The price of bitcoin has fallen by around 8% over the past seven days, but prices started to improve during Friday’s mid-afternoon trading sessions. Today, bitcoin is trading for prices between $ 54,400 and $ 54,800 per unit and a market valuation of $ 1.02 trillion. The overall market capitalization of the 8,500+ existing coins is around $ 1.59 trillion on Saturday morning.
- Bitcoin (BTC) prices saw some improvement after the price rose from $ 57,207 to $ 50,360 on Thursday. BTC is up over 3% today, but down 5% for the week of March 27, 2021. Bitcoin’s dominance among all other coin valuations combined is around 59.3% while the ‘ethereum (ETH) captures 11%.
- Bitcoin is still up over 16% for the month, 109% in the past three months, and 763% against the USD for the year.
- The best pair for trading with Bitcoin (BTC) today is Tether (USDT) which controls 55% of the transactions of the crypto asset. Next come the USD (16.85%), BUSD (5.92%), JPY (4.19%), EUR (3.84%) and KRW (2.38%).
- This week, the cryptocurrency community was delighted to hear that Elon Musk revealed that electric car company Tesla will now accept BTC for purchases. CEO of Zumo, a digital wallet and payments platform, Nick Jones believes more brands will join Tesla’s leadership.
- “We are delighted to see Tesla now accepting Bitcoin as a payment method for its products,” Jones explained. “The increase in institutional investment and cryptocurrency market support for these brands is a key indicator of not only its long-term value, but its contemporary relevance. Knowing that more than half of UK crypto owners have bought this currency in the past six months, I imagine more brands will follow, ”added the CEO of Zumo.
- At the time of publication, the second largest crypto asset by market cap, Ethereum (ETH) is trading at $ 1,686 per unit and is up over 3% today. Behind ETH is the tether, and in fourth position in the market, the Binance Coin (BNB) is trading for $ 254, up 2.5% in the past 24 hours.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) today occupies the 11th position in the market and is trading hands for $ 495 per BCH. Crypto asset is up 0.64% today, down 6% for the week, up 0.21% in the last 30 days and over 48% in the last three months .
- The top two winners today include the chatcoin (CHAT) and the stakenet (XSN). The top two losers on Saturday morning are selfkey (KEY) and cortex (CTXC).
Want to follow all of the crypto market action in real time? Check out markets.Bitcoin.com today!
What do you think of all the market action this week as crypto traders head into the weekend trading sessions? Let us know what you think of this topic in the comments section below.
Image credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, marchés.Bitcoin.com,
Warning: This article is for informational purposes only. This is not a direct offer or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, nor a recommendation or endorsement of any product, service or business. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.