The 23-year-old dancer was rushed to hospital after being engulfed in flames that left her with third-degree burns after a video stunt.
Speaking for the first time after the horrific ordeal of two months ago, Abbie revealed that the first thing she asked AJ was if he was still going to love her.
It came after doctors warned the artist could suffer permanent damage after three skin grafts.
Speaking to The Sun, Abbie explained that her hair and body caught fire in the horrific accident.
“AJ and I just wanted to make the lifehack video for fans to watch at home. It was a popular video online, so we were doing a test run in the kitchen that I was going to film, ”she told the publication.
She said her hair caught fire and the flames spread within seconds.
She added: “It was such a shock, I was panicking and screaming. I fell to the ground and was driving to try and put out the fire. ”
Abbie recalled how the incident left her in shock and she remained worried about her face.
Get information on all your favorite celebrities with our daily newsletter delivered straight to your inbox for free.
You can register here.
She continued, “The first thing I said to AJ was, ‘Is my face going to be okay? Will you still love me
“I kept telling him this and I was shaking in horror.
Abbie’s terrifying ordeal was linked to a botched viral stunt that aimed to cut a glass bottle in half.
The dangerous hack – which Abbie has since strongly warned against – saw the duo dip a rope into flammable liquid and set it on fire in an attempt to smash the bottle.
Unfortunately, the bottle exploded and Abbie was quickly engulfed in flames. AJ’s brother then quickly drove the couple to Ealing Hospital, but Abbie explained that she was in complete shock at the time.
Abbie learned that she had suffered second degree burns to her face and third degree burns to the rest of her body.
After five days in the hospital, during which she was given a lot of medicine, she was finally discharged from the ward. However, she has spent the past seven weeks receiving constant treatment.
She also told The Sun, “I was so nervous to see him, when we got together we both woke up well. But once we saw each other I felt better. ”
For the past two months, AJ has been Abbie’s full-time caregiver and lovingly helped his girlfriend through the long process of recovery. During her interview, the dancer also explained that the horrific ordeal had brought them together.
Do you have a story to sell? Contact us at [email protected] or call us directly on 0207 29 3303