Abbie Quinnen – also a professional dancer – was filming when a bottle of wine exploded in her face, in front of AJ.
He jumped into action, putting out the flames and dialing 999.
Abbie, 23, was admitted to intensive care and then transferred to the specialist burn unit at Chelsea and Westminster hospital the next day.
Her hair and clothes had been set on fire by the flames
A source told The Sun, “Abbie was shocked and suffered a lot, but AJ took action to put out the fire with a damp tea towel. He was terrified himself, but he did all he could to keep it from burning.
The couple reportedly filmed a life hack video for Instagram at the time that showed people how to turn a glass bottle into a vase by cutting it in half.
The source told The Sun on Sunday: “AJ and Abbie were stranded in their home during the lockdown and, like many people, started making social media videos to pass the time.
“But this tutorial went horribly wrong. Abbie’s entire upper body caught fire. ”
“It all happened very quickly. It was like something out of a horror movie.
A spokesperson for the couple told The Sun: ‘Abbie and AJ cannot thank all the nurses and doctors enough for their incredible care, support and expertise while being at the Chelsea and Westminster Burns unit and at Ealing hospital. ”