Health care workers, Indigenous adults aged 18 and over, and members of their households are also included in this priority group.
Algoma Public Health has announced that appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations for adults 75 and older will be available next week.
The health unit states that the following priority groups will be eligible to book vaccination at clinics in Algoma:
- Healthcare workers (highest, very high, high and moderate categories according to guidelines for prioritization of healthcare workers
- Religious leaders who provide:
- End of life care
- Caring for the deceased, funeral, bath or other ceremony with direct contact with deceased persons
- Home visits to sick people
- Pastoral care in hospitals / long-term care homes / retirement homes or other vulnerable settings.
- Essential staff and caregivers in long-term care, retirement homes and other collective care facilities for the elderly (e.g. assisted living)
- Indigenous adults (18 years and over and household members)
- Older adults (75 years and over)
- Chronic Adult Home Care Recipients
Eligible residents will be able to make an appointment starting Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. for their vaccination at GFL Memorial Gardens in Sault Ste. Marie on March 27 and 28.
To book an appointment online, please visit this link and click on “book an appointment online” under Sault Ste. Marie – GLF Memorial Gardens tab. To make an appointment by phone, dial 705-541-2332 or toll free 1-800-469-2449. The telephone lines will be open on March 24 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The District of Algoma continues in the first phase of the provincial deployment of COVID-19 with vaccination centers.
You can search for a clinic near you here.
APH advises residents to follow the instructions of clinics available by municipality. As new clinics are added throughout Algoma, the above priority populations will have the opportunity to be vaccinated.
In a statement released today, the APH reminded residents that appointment blocks are based on vaccine supply. If you don’t have an appointment for these upcoming clinics, don’t panic. Other appointments will be available for reservations in the near future.