Actor Armie Hammer under investigation for sexual assault: Los Angeles Police – National

0
38
Actor Armie Hammer under investigation for sexual assault: Los Angeles Police - National


Actor Armie Hammer is under investigation for sexual assault, Los Angeles police said Thursday.
Hammer’s attorney denied the allegation.

Hammer is the primary suspect in a sexual assault that was reported to police on Feb. 3, LAPD spokesman Constable Drake Madison said. Police would not give any further details about the incident or the author of the report.

Read more:

Biden says New York Governor Cuomo should resign if investigation confirms allegations

Earlier Thursday, during a video conference, a woman said that on April 24, 2017, in Los Angeles, Hammer raped her for four hours, banged her head against a wall and committed other acts of violence. against her.

The Associated Press generally does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

The story continues under the ad

The woman appeared on camera but only identified herself by her first name, Effie.

“During those four hours, I tried to escape but he wouldn’t let me,” she said, crying. “I thought he was going to kill me. He then left without worrying about my well-being.









“Close Your Mouth and Carry On”: Former Military Officer Shares Experience and Allegations of Sexual Misconduct

“Close Your Mouth and Carry On”: Former Military Officer Shares Experience and Allegations of Sexual Misconduct

The woman’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said she testified to Los Angeles Police, including photos of Effie’s injuries. Allred declined to say when they made the report, and has not confirmed that it was the one made in February that the LAPD is investigating.

Effie was 20 when she and Hammer met on Facebook and started a relationship in 2016, and they had their last contact last year, Allred said.

Hammer’s attorney said in a statement that from the start he has maintained that all of his interactions with Effie and all other sexual partners “have been completely consensual, discussed and agreed upon in advance, and mutually participatory.”

The story continues under the ad

The statement called his allegations “attention-seeking and ill-advised” and said that “his own correspondence with Mr Hammer undermines and refutes his outrageous allegations.”

Read more:

In the army, denouncing misconduct can leave members “insane”: senior officer

“With the truth on his side, Mr. Hammer welcomes the opportunity to set the record straight,” said Andrew Brettler.

The statement included a screenshot which Brettler said was an SMS exchange in July last year between Hammer and Effie, in which she expresses a desire for rough and forceful sex with him, and he responds by saying that he no longer wants a relationship with her. .

The 34-year-old actor was then married to TV personality Elizabeth Chambers. They divorced last year.

Hammer first rose to prominence playing twins in the 2010s Social network, and is best known for his lead roles in 2017 Call me by your name and 2013 The Lonely Ranger.


Click to play video: `` Trudeau Condemns Threats Against 'Anyone' Reporting Allegations of Harassment ''







Trudeau condemns threats against “anyone” reporting harassment allegations


Trudeau Condemns Threats Against “Anyone” Reporting Allegations of Harassment – March 9, 2021

Most recently, Hammer starred in the Netflix remake of Rebecca. A sequel to Call me by your name with Timothée Chalamet was also in development.

The story continues under the ad

Allegations of sexual violence over the past few months have derailed Hammer’s career.

Earlier this year, an Instagram account began posting screenshots of allegedly texting Hammer as early as 2016. Allred declined to say if his client was behind that account, @houseofeffie. When these text messages started appearing in media reports, Hammer called them “vicious and bogus online attacks on me.”

After the publication of these texts, Hammer quit comedy Shotgun wedding, in which he was scheduled to star alongside Jennifer Lopez, shortly before production began. He left the Paramount + series shortly after The offer, about the achievement of The Godfather.

Hammer was also ditched by his agency, WME.

© 2021 The Canadian Press



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here