Alabama wide receiver Jaylen Waddle returned to the field on Monday as the Crimson Tide faced the Ohio State Buckeyes in their first game since his broken ankle against Tennessee on October 24.
During the pre-game warm-ups, it was clear that Waddle was still limping while running.
Update: Waddle was also seen limping during the match.
Despite Waddle deciding to play in the game after being medically cleared by medics, several NFL players called Alabama for allowing him to risk injury ahead of the NFL Draft.
Cmon Nick doesn’t let Waddle do this, he’s hurt and shouldn’t be there! Come on my brother! Sometimes you have to protect the players from themselves!
– Darius Leonard (@ dsleon45) January 12, 2021
Stay out of the game… I know you like the brotha game but you don’t play tonight, it’s better for your future
– Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) January 12, 2021
Waddle make me nervous they need to take him out
– Darius Slayton (@ Young_Slay2) January 12, 2021
Waddle force this game, be healthy for the NFL.
– DeShon Elliott (@ OfficialShon_4) January 12, 2021
Waddle future so bright. They went to win. Relax, mate.
– AJ Brown (@ Brown1arthur) January 12, 2021