Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have had a ‘painful’ year since Megxit after the couple’s nanny returned to the UK and the pandemic left them feeling ‘alone’, the authors of Finding Freedom said.
Carolyn Durand and Omid Scobie, who co-wrote the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s bombshell biography, alleged the move to Los Angeles brought difficult changes for the couple who left the royal family in March of Last year.
“Being where they are now, after building an empire and charity in just over nine months, shows how hard they’ve worked to make this transition a success,” said Omid Scobie, writing in Grazia. “But it took a lot of work to get here. The trip was painful.
The authors went on to say that the decision was also difficult for Meghan, 39, who has juggled motherhood and moving four times.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have had a “painful” year since Megxit after the couple’s nanny returned to the UK and the four-time uprooting left the couple “out of place”, it was claimed. In the photo, the couple last October
Harry struck a deal with his family at a Sandringham summit in January last year after he and Meghan said they wanted to make their own money (pictured to Commonwealth Day Service last March)
The couple moved from their newly remodeled Frogmore Cottage last year to live in Vancouver for six months, before moving to Tyler Perry’s house in the Hollywood Hills, then finally to their current nine-bedroom family mansion in Montecito.
A friend of the Duchess told the authors: “That’s a lot. Their nanny returned to the UK when they moved to Los Angeles due to the pandemic and restrictions left them feeling pretty lonely. Each movement made them feel more out of place.
Omid Scobie added that since moving to Los Angeles, the couple have been “keen to contribute to the community”, particularly with regard to the Covid-19 response, and wanted to focus on what mattered rather than the big ones. tabloid headlines ”.
It comes after it was reported that Prince Harry was denied permission to lay a wreath at the Remembrance Sunday cenotaph on his behalf, in another possible sign of a family breakdown.
The Duke of Sussex, who spent ten years in the armed forces, made the personal request at Buckingham Palace but was turned down due to his stepping down from royal duties in March, The Times reported in November latest.
The Queen is not believed to have been made aware of the request or its denial, which would have “deeply saddened” the Duke of Sussex, the publication reported.
Finding Freedom biography authors (pictured) Carolyn Durand and Omid Scobie claim the move to Los Angeles brought difficult changes for the couple who pulled out of the royal family in March last year .
Buckingham Palace declined to say whether Prince Harry’s request had been denied.
Last month it was reported the couple wanted a 12-month extension of the Megxit deal which would see them retain their royal patronages and return to the UK to seal the deal in person.
However, sources told Omid that the couple had no such plans, adding: “They really haven’t looked back.”
Prince Harry struck a deal with his family at a Sandringham summit in January last year after he and Meghan said they wanted to earn their own money.
They left at the end of March and moved to California where they have since bought an £ 11million mansion and started their charitable organization, Archewell.
Following the royal departure, some people have also argued that the couple should be replaced as chairman and vice chairman of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust but, in response, the organization said they were “as committed as ever” .
Harry was also said to have fallen out with his brother William, with the couple not speaking for months after the deal.
But in recent months, relations between the couple and the rest of the royal family have reportedly thawed, with Harry and Meghan sending gifts to Prince William and his family.
Grazia Magazine, on sale now.