Mourinho ‘presses’ Spurs to secure loan signing on line

0
16


Jose Mourinho is planning to loan Real Madrid defender Eder Militao to Spurs in January, according to reports.
The 22-year-old moved from Porto to the Spanish capital for £ 43million in July 2019.

But the defender has only made 23 appearances for Real since then, with his latest setback being a positive coronavirus test in November.


OPINION: The only ‘scandalous’ thing here is Parker’s prospect …


Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane tends to play Raphael Varane and Sergio Ramos as his first-choice center-back, so it’s easy to see why Militao hasn’t become a regular.

A Monday report on the Spanish publication AS claimed Mourinho had rekindled his interest in Militao with the Tottenham boss ready to end his misery at the Bernabeu.

And now another Spanish newspaper in the form of sport (via Sport witness) believe that Zidane will “accept the departures” of Militao, Luka Jovic and Alvaro Odriozola in January.

Mourinho is said to ‘want’ Militao with the Portuguese boss ‘pressing’ the Spurs hierarchy to secure a loan deal for the defender until the end of the season.

The Brazilian has reportedly “welcomed” a move to Tottenham, which currently have Eric Dier and Toby Alderweireld as their first-choice partner in the defense center.

Davinson Sanchez and Joe Rodon may play there as well, but Mourinho is believed to be keen to strengthen his squad further.

Meanwhile, Mourinho says Fulham should apologize for complaining about their hastily rearranged game if they name a strong squad on Wednesday night.

Chalet owner Scott Parker called the decision to classify the Premier League game in a slot on Wednesday night with just 48 hours notice as “scandalous”., but he is fall on deaf ears when it comes to Mourinho.

The match was scheduled to take place on December 30, but it was called off less than three hours before kick-off after Fulham’s side suffered a coronavirus outbreak.

And after Spurs’ scheduled game at Aston Villa on Wednesday was called off for the same reason, the Premier League acted quickly.

Mourinho said: “Regarding Fulham, I think we should wait until tomorrow. We should see their squad, their starting lineup, their bench, the players starting, the players on the bench and the players not involved in the game.

“And after that, we can all have pity on them. Or we may all think they shouldn’t be talking.

“My feeling is just my feeling. Is that they will play with everyone. Maybe a player is out. Maximum two.

“It’s just my guess because this is all confidential information and we don’t have access to any of it. It’s just a feeling I have, the best Fulham will be here, so when we see the best Fulham, then you realize a lot of things just don’t make sense.

“We have played, if I’m not mistaken, 10 more games than Fulham since the start of the season.

“We played every week, three games a week. We played four games in one week. They played on Saturday against QPR. In London.

“They have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to prepare for the game. If they come with half the team, I’ll be the first to apologize to them. And I’ll be the first to say that we played this game with an advantage.

“If they are doing their best, I think they should apologize to all of us. Come on, let’s play soccer.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here