Last royal family: Palace attacks Sturgeon after William and Kate controversy | Royal | New

0
10


Kate and William ‘fully embraced’ all the rules when they drove 1,250 miles across the UK last month over a three-day period to personally thank those who made a difference during the covid pandemic . But their trip was marred by the Prime Minister who publicly warned the Scottish government was concerned about the visit due to essential travel restrictions in place at the time. Now an access to information request made by the Scottish newspaper The National has shown that Scottish government officials have also emailed the Royal Household several times warning them of the ‘major impact’ of the tour.

An email from the Principal Private Secretary to Ms Sturgeon on November 12, pointed out that one of their stops was of particular concern as it would involve being greeted by a bagpiper at Edinburgh Main Station before go to the Scottish Ambulance Service.
A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge responded that the couple were playing by the rules and traveling for business purposes.

They told BAZAAR: “The same advice we gave last month [before the tour] still awake.

“The Duke and Duchess were traveling for business purposes and all the rules were fully followed.

“The trip was planned in consultation with the UK, Scottish and Welsh governments. ”

Ms Sturgeon had told reporters before the couple arrived in Edinburgh at the time: ‘The Scottish Government has been notified of their intention to visit and we have made sure the Royal Household is aware, as you would expect, restrictions in place in Scotland. which could inform both the decision and the planning of the visit.

“Any further questions on this matter should be directed to the Royal Household. ”

FOLLOW OUR LIVE UPDATES HERE:

9:06 am update: Meghan and Harry will be ‘center of attention’ on Queen’s big day

Reports of the Sussexes’ participation in the Queen’s 95th birthday celebrations have circulated, which one royal expert said could be ‘painful’ for the Royal Family.

Royal commentator Daniela Elser has warned that when Meghan and Harry return to the balcony at Buckingham Palace, they will be the ‘center of attention’.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex shocked the country last year when they chose to step down as senior members of the royal family.

As part of their deal with the Queen, Meghan and Harry have agreed to have a 12-month review with the palace, which is scheduled to take place in March.

Meghan and Harry were invited by the Queen to join her for Trooping the Color in June to mark Her Majesty’s official birthday, according to reports.

Royal aides told The Sunday Times the Sussexes are expected to join the Queen at the event.

Trooping the Color is usually held in public in London and could be the first time fans have seen the couple reunite with the royal family.

8am update: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s return to UK will cause Queen ‘severe headaches’

Speculation over the return of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Britain has erupted in recent weeks, as the couple are expected to review their arrangements with Megxit in March. Meghan and Harry stepped down as senior royals last year to seek financial independence.

As part of their deal with the Queen, Meghan and Harry agreed to have a 12-month review with the palace.

Reports of the Sussexes’ participation in the Queen’s 95th birthday celebrations have also circulated, which a royal expert said could be ‘painful’ for the Royal Family.

Royal commentator Daniela Elser wrote on news.com.au: “On a personal level, everyone from the Queen downstairs would surely be delighted to have Harry, Meghan and maybe even Archie back, however, at the royal level, their return entry into the rarefied royal ecosystem could pose serious headaches for the palate.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here