Nagorno-Karabakh is a disputed territory of the South Caucasus and is internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan. In September, conflict in the region resumed along the line of effective control between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces.
The Azerbaijani leader has issued a deadly threat to crush the Armenian forces with an “iron fist”.
According to Asia Times, Azerbaijani forces released 241 Armenian main battle tanks, 50 BMD infantry fighting vehicles as well as several other weapons and military vehicles during the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
The media platform said the most surprising result of the conflict was the destruction of Armenian air defenses.
This resulted in the destruction of almost all of Armenia’s air defense systems, leaving them with only portable air defenses.
Separatist officials in the disputed area said Azerbaijani forces launched another attack on Friday evening, injuring three local soldiers of Armenian origin.
Russian peacekeepers deployed to the region said a violation of the ceasefire in the Gadrut region took place on Friday.
READ MORE: War between Turkey and Armenia breaks out: Fighter plane shot down in region
“This time we will destroy them completely. It shouldn’t be a secret.
In a statement, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said that its forces had foiled Armenia’s “provocations” and re-established the ceasefire.
Nagorno-Karabakh had been under the control of ethnic Armenian forces backed by Armenia since the end of the war in 1994.
During the September conflict which left more than 5,600 dead on both sides, Azerbaijani forces pushed into Nagorno-Karabakh, forcing Armenia to agree to a peace deal.
On Thursday, Azerbaijan marked its victory with a military parade attended by the Turkish president.
The event involved more than 3,000 soldiers, dozens of military vehicles and fighter jets.
The peace deal sparked protests in Armenia calling for the resignation of the country’s prime minister, Nikol Pashinyan.