Jennifer Lawrence thanked fans for the outpouring of support she and her family received after a tragic fire destroyed much of their barn which doubled as a children’s summer camp.
Camp Hi-Ho in Louisville, Ky., Which is owned and operated by actress brother Blaine Lawrence, was ablaze Friday night in a fire that authorities are still investigating. Fortunately, no human or animal life was lost in the fire.
In a statement provided to People, the “Hunger Games” actress commented on the loss of the barn and praised her brother for already working to get the camp back on track for the children.
“I want to thank my Louisville community for contacting my family and I following the devastating fire that sadly destroyed a significant portion of Camp Hi Ho,” Lawrence said.
JENNIFER LAWRENCE SAYS SHE CONFRONTED ANDERSON COOPER AFTER HE ACCUSED HIM OF FALLING OSCARS
“Fortunately, thanks to our amazing firefighters and first responders, no one was hurt and all the animals were kept safe,” she added. “I grew up on this farm, going to Camp Hi Ho every summer. When my brother Blaine took it over, he applied his creative and fun spirit and expanded a camp that was already the coolest, because it was the only place kids could do whatever they wanted. A muddy and messy paradise.
“I am grateful to Camp Hi Ho for the amazing childhood memories. My family and I are working together to help Blaine get through this. And we are very grateful for the widespread support from the community to get Camp Hi Ho back on its feet. we can welcome children again this summer. ”
Representatives for Lawrence did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
JENNIFER LAWRENCE SAYS TRUMP CHANGED ITS POLITICAL VIEWPOINT: “THERE HAS BEEN A LINE CUT IN THE SAND”
The camp announced the news of the tragic fire on its Facebook page on Saturday.
“It is with the heaviest of hearts that we confirm the news that we lost our barn last night in a terrible fire. We are deeply grateful that no person or animal was harmed, but we still mourn the loss of years of hard work and memories that have occurred within these walls, ”the article read. “Words cannot describe the pain we live in, but we are extremely grateful to the Simpsonville Fire Department and all the other firefighters who responded to our emergency. You are real heroes. We are also very grateful to the countless members of our community who have reached out to support us during this time. Your love and kindness represent the world to us. ”
According to WDRB, the Simpsonville Fire Department responded to the blaze around 9 p.m. Friday. It took about 25 firefighters from three different departments per hour to finally put out the blaze.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
TMZ, who obtained a copy of an email Blaine Lawrence sent to parents and former campers seeking donations to help with the rebuilding, reports that the barn was much more than a place to house animals.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
It offered offices and an apartment that the family often used personally. Over the years the massive structure had become home to a myriad of camp activities for children such as horse stalls, indoor riding area, rock face, wildlife exhibition center native, an arts and crafts pavilion, a nursing station and storage of agricultural equipment. According to Blaine Lawrence’s email, all of that is now gone.