Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said Wednesday that Damon “Snacks” Harrison had not waived waivers, according to the NFL transaction thread.
The Packers have not announced the move.
The Seahawks gave up on the 32-year-old defensive tackle Monday after Harrison called for his release. All players who have given up at this point in the season are subject to waivers, and Harrison said in a tweet after his release that he was not interested in being claimed. However, in response to a tweet suggesting he could indeed play for the Packers given that they are a Super Bowl team and a team that was on his roster of teams he planned to make. meet before signing with Seattle earlier this season, Harrison responded with a one-word tweet that read, “Bingo.”
A source told ESPN that Harrison assured the Packers he would show up and play for Green Bay.
The Packers are 14th in rushing yards allowed, but 24th in rushing yards – a slight improvement over last season. But their running defense let them down in the NFC Championship game, when the San Francisco 49ers rushed for 285 yards en route to the Super Bowl.
If the Packers win Sunday’s regular season finale against the Chicago Bears, they would be the No.1 seed in the NFC and get a first-round playoff pass. Even if they have to play a wildcard weekend, they could get Harrison through COVID protocols and get ready for that weekend. They got a list exemption for Harrison.
The Seahawks signed Harrison to the practice squad on Oct. 7, and he made his first appearance in a Nov. 15 game against the Los Angeles Rams. He played 138 shots in total in six games before seeking his release. Back then, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll felt like Harrison didn’t want to play anymore.
“He has decided to quit playing,” Carroll said Monday during an appearance on 710 ESPN Seattle. “He’s done playing. I spoke to him this morning. He’s in a good mood and all that. He’s really grateful for the opportunity to play here, and he’s done really well with us, but he’s just… he’s done. ”