There are 13 new cases of COVID-19 in public and Catholic schools in Durham since Friday.
Ten are at the Durham District School Board (DDSB) and are as follows:
- Two new cases at Captain Michael VandenBox Public School at 3121 Country Lane in Whitby (three active cases in total, one class isolation in total)
- Two new cases at Dr. Roberta Bondar Public School at 25 Sullivan Drive in Ajax – one class in isolation
- Two new cases at Norman G. Powers Public School at 1555 Coldstream Drive in Oshawa
- A new case at Grove School at 1356 Simcoe Street South in Oshawa – two classes are now isolating themselves (three active cases in total)
- A new case at Maxwell Heights High School at 1100 Coldstream Drive Oshawa – a cohort in isolation now (four active cases in total)
- A new case at RH Cornish Public School at 494 Queen Street in Port Perry – a class in isolation
- A new case at Vaughan Willard Public School at 1911 Dixie Road North in Pickering
The board also listed the following cases as resolved
- Three cases at Uxbridge Public School
- Two cases at Pickering High School in Ajax (18 cases resolved in total)
- One case at Applecroft Public School in Ajax (two cases resolved in total)
- One case at Fallingbrook Public School in Whitby (two cases resolved in total)
- One case at J. Clarke Richardson Collegiate in Ajax (eight cases resolved in total)
- A case at Lincoln Alexander Public School in Ajax
- A case at Michaëlle Jean public school in Ajax (three cases resolved in total)
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board is reporting a new case in a student at MJ Hobbs Public School at 2296 Taunton Road in Hampton. This is the second case of an active student at school.
The Durham Catholic District School Board reports two cases at St. Kateri Tekakwitha Catholic School at 1425 Coldstream Drive in Oshawa.
They also listed a case at St. Wilfrid Catholic School in Pickering as resolved. There are now four resolved cases in total at the school and two active cases.
St. Wilfrid in Pickering and Grove School in Oshawa are two of seven schools in Durham that are experiencing an epidemic.
To see the status of outbreaks in schools, click here to see the Durham Region COVID-19 data tracking.
To view the status of cases across all school boards in Durham, click here.
If you have found a spelling error, please let us know by selecting this text and pressing Ctrl + Entry.