From tomorrow, December 2, new measures will be in place across the country, subject to parliamentary approval tonight.
Devon was placed under Level 2 restrictions , which means that several changes will be made.
This time around, the tier system has put tougher measures in place, with the revised rules coming into effect from midnight tonight.
We’ve taken a look at everything you’ll be able to do from December 2 that you couldn’t do during the lockdown.
While it is still forbidden to mix indoors with anyone from another household, you may encounter others in outdoor environments such as a private garden, park, or pub garden, provided that the group does not exceed six.
There are, however, 23 exemptions to the indoor domestic mixing ban and 2 others for the “rule of six” outdoors.
- that all the people in the gathering belong to the same related households
- this is for an authorized organized gathering
- for education and training
- reunification is necessary for certain purposes, including work, to provide assistance and care, or to relocate
- to fulfill legal obligations and procedures
- the gathering takes place in a criminal justice center or in a migrant detention center
- the assembly is a support group, does not consist of more than 15 people, and takes place in premises other than private accommodation, and it is reasonably necessary that the members of the group be physically present at the assembly.
- respite care
- to assist a person who gives birth at the mother’s request
- for weddings and civil partnerships
- for wedding and civil partnership receptions, but does not include more than 15 people
- for the funeral
- a commemorative event following the death of a person
- to visit a dying person
- visits from people undergoing treatment
- the rally is for protest purposes
- the person concerned is an elite athlete, the coach of an elite athlete and the assembly is necessary for training or competition.
- an authorized indoor sporting gathering
- reunification is reasonably necessary for the purposes of access and contact arrangements between parents and children when the children do not live in the same household as their parents or one of their parents
- that the gathering is a group of parents and children which is organized for children under 5, does not include more than 15 people and that the gathering takes place in premises other than private accommodation.
- the assembly is reasonably necessary to enable a student to return home
- for the five days of the Christmas period, provided that a maximum of three households mix
- the rally is for picketing which is carried out in accordance with the Trade Unions and Labor Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992
- the interested party participates in an outdoor sports gathering,
- that the gathering is for the purpose of a relevant outdoor activity, and
the organizer of the gathering takes the necessary precautions in relation to the gathering
Reopening of companies
Among those allowed to open are:
- Bowling lanes
- Games rooms
- Fun fair
- Parc d’attractions
- Adventure parks and activities
- Bingo halls
- Non-essential retail
These sites must close at 11 p.m.
Cinemas, theaters and concert halls may remain open after 11 p.m. in order to conclude performances which start before 10 p.m.
Go to bars, pubs and restaurants
Pubs and bars will have to close unless they are essentially functioning as restaurants. Nightclubs must remain closed, unless they are functioning as a restaurant.
Most hospitality establishments will only be permitted to serve alcohol with “large meals” and must do so using table service.
Sites must stop taking orders at 10 p.m. and close at 11 p.m.
You can only sit indoors in a pub or restaurant with your household or a supportive bubble, although in a beer garden the rule of six applies, although you still need to order a heavy meal if you want to buy alcohol
Pubs and bars cannot provide alcohol to be consumed on the premises, unless there is a large meal, so they function as a restaurant. They can remain open for take out services.
Other hospitality businesses such as cafes, restaurants and social clubs may only serve alcohol with large meals. If it is a business that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises, it should be table service only.
In cinemas, theaters, concert halls and sports stadiums, alcohol can be ordered at a bar for consumption while sitting in the auditorium or in the area where the screening / performance is taking place.
This is limited to those who have tickets. When alcohol is to be consumed in the bar itself, it should be part of a large meal and full table service should be provided.
Visit the stores
All stores, essential and non-essential, will be allowed to open.
People will be required to wear face masks when inside, unless they are exempt.
Go to gyms and indoor recreation
All are allowed to open.
Organized indoor sport is only allowed if it is possible for people to avoid mingling with those they do not live with or sharing a bubble of support.
There are exceptions for Disabled Indoor Sport, Sport for Educational Purposes, and Supervised Sport and Physical Activity for Under-18s, which may take place with larger groups.
Hotels and accommodations
Accommodations, such as hotels, vacation rentals, and guesthouses, can open, but businesses should take reasonable steps to ensure that social contact rules are followed on their sites.
Hair Salons and Personal Care Companies
Personal care and close contact services are allowed to open, but you should not mingle with someone who is not in your household or the supportive bubble when you are inside.
Overnight stays are only authorized with a cleaning bubble or support.
Weddings and funerals
Weddings will be allowed with 15 guests, with funerals of 30 people allowed.
Go to events
Public participation in outdoor and indoor events (performances and shows) is authorized, up to the lowest limit: 50% capacity, ie 2,000 people outside or 1,000 people inside.
Participation in sporting and commercial events for spectators may resume indoors and outdoors, subject to social contact rules and limited to the lowest value: 50% capacity, i.e. 2,000 people outdoors or 1000 people inside.
Places of worship
Places of worship can remain open at level 2, but you should not socialize with people outside your household or support the bubble while you are inside, unless a legal exemption applies.
Traveling to other regions
You can go to other areas on multiple levels, for example if you live in a level 2 area, you must continue to follow the level 2 rules when you go to a level 1 area.
However, avoid traveling or staying overnight in Level 3 areas other than when necessary, such as work, study, or moving.