They last worked from 10:00 p.m. on November 17 to 6:00 a.m. on November 18. All staff who had been in close contact with the infected person were asked to self-quarantine, McDonald’s said.
After being informed of the positive case, the restaurant immediately closed its doors and was “thoroughly cleaned and disinfected”. It has since reopened.
Anyone who visited McDonald’s at 2 Ingram Drive on November 17 or 18 is urged to follow Public Health Ontario’s instructions.
McDonald’s Canada says its restaurants have implemented a number of enhanced security measures, including the provision of distributors put hand sanitizer, disinfecting surfaces and highly resistant tables and the fact of making mandatory masks for all staff.
“Maintaining the health and well-being of our crew and guests is our top priority, and we will continue to monitor and adapt measures as needed,” said McDonald’s of Canada.
“We continue to work with local health authorities to support our employees and customers, and we look forward to returning to serving our community.”
An employee from an East York location of the fast food chain tested positive for COVID-19 on November 18, as did a staff member from a Mississauga location on November 16.