Prince William fought coronavirus in April: report

0
30


Prince William, like his father, battled the coronavirus earlier this year.

The 38-year-old royal “struggled to breathe” as he battled the virus in April at the start of the global pandemic, reports The Sun, but has kept the news a secret to avoid alarming the public.

Still a dedicated public servant, William led 14 official engagements while in isolation.

Sources say William tested positive just days after his father Prince Charles also tested positive for COVID-19 at the end of March.

KATE MIDDLETON AND PRINCE WILLIAM VIEW A PHOTO EXHIBITION OF IMAGE LOCKING AMAZING IMAGES

Prime Minister Boris Johnson also contracted the virus around the same time. It is currently unclear whether other members of the royal family have contracted the virus.

Prince William reportedly contracted coronavirus in April. He kept his diagnosis entirely so as not to alarm the public.
(Getty Images)

“Important things were happening and I didn’t want to worry anyone,” William reportedly told an observer during an engagement.

The royal was treated by palace doctors and isolated at his family’s Norfolk home, Anmer Hall.

QUEEN ELIZABETH TAKES OUT WITH PRINCE WILLIAM FOR THE FIRST PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT SINCE MARCH

A source told the outlet that the Duke of Cambridge “had been hit pretty hard by the virus”.

“At one point he was having trouble breathing, so obviously everyone around him was pretty freaked out,” they added. “After seeing doctors and testing positive – which was obviously a shock given his form and health – William was determined it should be business as usual. “

It is currently unclear whether Kate Middleton (right) or other members of the royal family contracted COVID-19 after Prince William (left). William’s father, Prince Charles, announced he tested positive days before William tested positive.
(Getty Images)

William’s diagnosis has been kept secret as it arrived just after Johnson’s hospitalization and Queen Elizabeth II gave him her now iconic pandemic address.

“He felt that more important things were happening in the country,” said a source. “But from his own experiences, he realizes that absolutely anyone can catch this terrible disease – and knows how imperative it is that we all take this second lockdown seriously. ”

The UK recently announced a second strict lockdown following the increase in coronavirus cases.

After April 9, the royal took a week’s break from phone calls and engagements before virtually opening Birmingham Nightingale Hospital on April 16.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Representatives of the Royal Family did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here