Premier of Ontario and Minister of Health to discuss coronavirus response

0
39


Ontario Premier Doug Ford, Health Minister Christine Elliott and several other cabinet members will speak about the COVID-19 pandemic at Queen’s Park on Monday afternoon.

Their appearances come as three other regions of Ontario – Halton, Hamilton and York – are now transitioning to the “red” category of the province’s COVID-19 response framework.

They join Toronto and the Region of Peel, whose local Chief Medical Officers of Health have added additional restrictions beyond what’s banned in the setting, banning theaters and fitness classes, with Toronto being only to completely ban indoor meals.

Ford has previously said the province, with its four-digit daily growth in COVID-19 cases and slowly rising death toll, “is watching the barrel of a lockdown.”

In Toronto, officials are in active conversation with the Ford government over additional restrictions that prevent a lockdown, Mayor John Tory said Sunday.

Elliott and Ford will be joined by Minister of Economic Development Vic Fedeli, President of the Treasury Board Peter Bethlenfalvy and Minister of Government and Consumer Services Lisa Thompson.

They should speak at 1 p.m.

CP24 and CP24.com will broadcast the remarks live.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here