The Green Bay Packers have reportedly maintained their interest in negotiating for Texas wide receiver Will Fuller in recent weeks, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.According to the NFL Network, Houston is looking to restock its draft picks and would likely want a high pick from Green Bay. According to Athletic’s Aaron Reiss, the Texans are interested in a fire sale and no deal involving Fuller is imminent. The deadline for trading with the NFL is Tuesday.
Adding Fuller to the Packers would provide Green Bay with another top-notch weapon. Green Bay enter Week 8 second in the league for points scored.Fuller, 26, has played three 100-yard receiving games this season and one touchdown in each of the past five weeks. Houston (1-6) is on a bye this Sunday.WR Kenny Stills also generated some interest ahead of Tuesday’s deadline, according to NFL Network.
Check out the latest NFL news and notes:
- Washington QB Dwayne Haskins’ trading market has been relatively quiet. (Ian Rapoport, NFL network)
- Washington defensive end Ryan Kerrigan has called for a trade, but the team have said they will not be dealing with the star passer. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- The Saints will not trade WR Michael Thomas despite some public speculation. (Ian Rapoport, NFL network)
- The Browns may consider negotiating tight end David Njoku before Tuesday’s deadline. (Ian Rapoport, NFL network)
- The Falcons are interested in dealing with former first-round pick Takkarist McKinley. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders are expected to join the team this week and play next Sunday in Tampa Bay. He tested positive for COVID-19 over a week ago. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- There’s a chance that recently signed Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown will help out on special teams when he makes his expected debut in Week 9. “He’s a great punt and kick returner,” the coach said. -Chief Bruce Arians Friday. (Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk)