The list of available NBA free agents continued to shrink on Saturday, which was technically the first full day of the 2020 free agent period. More than two dozen more standard contracts were made during the day.Below is the contract and notable Saturday news. For the most part, these agreements are not yet official, so the reported terms could change – or the agreements could fail altogether. Overall, however, teams and players are on track to finalize these deals sometime after the end of the moratorium on Sunday.
Here are Saturday’s contractual agreements and landmark signatures:
- Gordon Hayward, Hornets accept a four-year, $ 120 million contract.
- Fred VanVleet, Guys accept a four-year, $ 85 million contract.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Lakers accept a $ 40 million three-year deal.
- De’Anthony Melton, Grizzlies accept a $ 35 million four-year contract.
- Jae Crowder, Suns accept a three-year, $ 29.2 million deal.
- DJ Augustin, Bucks accept a three-year, $ 21 million deal.
- Serge Ibaka, Clippers accept a two-year, $ 19 million deal.
- Tristan Thompson, Celtics accept a two-year, $ 19 million deal.
- Rondo region, Falcons accept a two-year, $ 15 million deal.
- Avery Bradley, Heat accept a two-year, $ 11.6 million deal.
- Jevon Carter, Suns accept a three-year, $ 11.5 million contract.
- Paul Millsap, Nuggets accept a one-year, $ 10 million contract.
- Kris Dunn, Falcons accept a two-year, $ 10 million deal.
- John Konchar, Grizzlies accept a $ 9 million four-year contract.
- Bobby Portis, Bucks accept a two-year, $ 7.4 million deal.
- Michael Carter-Williams, the magic accept a two-year, $ 6 million deal.
- Elfrid Payton, Knicks accept a one-year contract for $ 5 million.
- Nerlens Noel, Knicks accept a one-year contract for $ 5 million.
- Denzel Valentine signs a one-year qualifying bid of $ 4.64 million with Bulls.
- Gary Clark, the magic accept a two-year, $ 4.1 million deal.
- Maurice Harkless, Heat accept a one-year contract for $ 3.6 million.
- Brad Wanamaker, Warriors accept a one-year contract for $ 2.3 million.
- Wesley Iwundu, Mavericks accept a two-year minimum wage contract.
- Carmelo Anthony, Trail Blazers agree on a minimum wage of one year.
- Jeff Green, Nets agree on a minimum wage of one year.
- Raul Neto, Assistants agree on a minimum wage of one year.
- Jeff Teague, Celtics accept a one-year contract (conditions unknown).
Here are some other highlights of the day:
- The NBA and NBPA have set a December 1 deadline for players with concerns about COVID-19 to withdraw from the 2020/21 season.
- the Warriors formally requested a disabled player exception in response to Klay Thompsonthe end-of-season Achilles tear.
- the Hornets will use the stretch layout on Nicolas batum to create the cap piece needed to sign Gordon Hayward… Unless they may be able to reach a signing and exchange agreement with the Celtics.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic is one of the most popular free agents still on the market and is said to be of interest to Falcons and maybe the Pacers.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.