British Athletics ‘Trust’ Mo Farah and Hollie Arnold will make the ‘right decisions’ regarding their Tokyo 2020 plans while on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
The duo are on the lineup of the ITV show, which begins Sunday.
Last year, Farah, 37, revealed his intention to return to the track and seek a third consecutive Olympic title in the 10,000m at the delayed Tokyo Games.
Arnold, 26, is looking to defend his F46 Paralympic javelin title in 2021.
Due to coronavirus restrictions, this year’s I’m a Celebrity is taking place at Gwrych Castle in North Wales, rather than the usual Australian jungle location, and will run for three weeks.
“I hope that participating in the program will inspire people,” Arnold said in a statement.
“Yes, I have a missing arm and I’m at the Paralympic Games, but I want to show people that nothing is stopping me and that it shouldn’t stop anyone else either.
British Athletics has confirmed that in accordance with its policy, they will suspend APA (Personal Athlete Award) funding for athletes involved in the program and reinstate it once they return to full-time training.
BBC Sport understands that this will only have an impact on Arnold as APAs are means-tested and Farah’s trading income makes him ineligible.
“We trust them and their support networks to make the right decisions regarding their preparations ahead of the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics,” said a UK athletics spokesperson.
Olympic champions Sam Quek (hockey) and Rebecca Adlington (swimming) have both competed in the series in recent years, but after announcing their retirement from their respective sports.
The Olympic and Paralympic Games, scheduled for last summer, were postponed to march due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Olympic Games, which will always be called Tokyo 2020, will take place from July 23 to August 8, 2021 and the Paralympics will take place from August 24 to September 5, 2021.