Unlike a normal season, this year’s Rawlings Golden Baseball Gloves are not determined by the vote of coaches and coaches; instead, they are determined only by numbers and numbers because the regional calendar prevented these voters from having a good overview of every candidate in their respective leagues.
One player in each position in each league wins, which gives us 18 winners in all.
This year, eleven winners of the first edition of Gold Glove, including White Sox rookie Luis Robert. At the other end of the continuum, Nolan Arenado and Alex Gordon each won their eighth career Gold Glove. In the case of Gordon, who has already announced his retirement, he won a golden glove in his final championship season. Mookie Betts, meanwhile, won his fifth Golden Glove and the first as a National League. At the team level, the Indians, Rangers, Cubs and Cardinals each had two winners each for 2020.
Below are the 2020 winners and finalists with each player’s career gold glove total, including that year’s prizes, in parentheses.
Pichet: Griffin Canning, Anges (1)
- Other finalists: Kenta Maeda, Twins (0); Zach Plesac, Cleveland (0)
Seeker: Roberto Perez, Cleveland (2)
- Other finalists: Yasmani Grandal, White Sox (0); James McCann, White Sox (0)
Première Base: Evan White, Mariners (1)
- Other finalists: Yuli Gurriel, Astros (0); Matt Olson, Athletics (2)
Second Base: Cesar Hernandez, Cleveland (1)
- Other finalists: Danny Mendick, White Sox (0); Jonathan Schoop, Tigers (0); Nicky Lopez, Royals (0)
Shortstop: JP Crawford, Mariners (1)
- Other finalists: Carlos Correa, Astros (0); Niko Goodrum, Tigers (0)
Third base: Isiah Kiner-Falefa, Rangers (1)
- Other finalists: Yoan Moncada, White Sox (0); Gio Urshela, Yankees (0)
Left Field: Alex Gordon, Royals (8)
- Other finalists: Lourdes Gurriel Jr., Blue Jays (0); Kyle Tucker, Astros (0)
Champ central: Luis Robert, White Sox (1)
- Other finalists: Byron Buxton, Twins (1); Ramon Laureano, Athletics (0)
Right field: Joey Gallo, Rangers (1)
- Other finalists: Clint Frazier, Yankees (0); Anthony Santander, Orioles (0)
Pichet: Max Fried, Braves (1)
- Other finalists: Kyle Hendricks, Cubs (0); Alec Mills, small (0)
Catch: Tucker Barnhart, reds (2)
- Other finalists: Willson Contreras, Cubs (0); Jacob Stallings, Pirates (0)
Premier but: Anthony Rizzo, Cubs (4)
- Other finalist: Brandon Belt, Giants (0); Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks (3)
Second base: Kolten Wong, cardinals (2)
- Other finalists: Adam Frazier, Pirates (0); Nico Hoerner, small (0)
Shortstop: Javier Baez, Cubs (1)
- Other finalists: Miguel Rojas, Marlins (0); Dansby Swanson, Braves (0)
Third base: Nolan Arenado, Rockies (8)
- Other finalists: Brian Anderson, Marlins (0); Manny Machado, Padres (2)
Left Field: Tyler O’Neill, Cardinals (1)
- Autres finalistes: Shogo Akiyama, Reds (0); David Peralta, Diamondbacks (1)
Champ central: Trent Grisham, Padres (1)
- Other finalists: Ronald Acuna Jr., Braves (0); Cody Bellinger, Dodgers (1)
Champ droit: Mookie Betts, Dodgers (5)
- Other finalists: Charlie Blackmon, Rockies (0); Jason Heyward, cubs (5)
The winners of the Platinum Glove, which goes to the top defenseman in each league, will be announced on November 6. The Platinum Glove includes a fan voting element, and you can vote here.