The Spurs skipper lined up for his 117th selection at Estadio da Luz and helped his country secure its place for the Nations League final.
Les Bleus beat the winners 1-0 with Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante scoring the only goal of the game.
France was probably worth their victory, with Lloris in great shape between the sticks.
The 33-year-old was equal to anything Portugal had and made six saves, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael Guerreiro and Joao Moutinho.
Moutinho’s brilliant second-half effort from a distance looked destined to squeeze into the top corner, but Lloris made an exceptional full-length save to turn down the veteran which was undoubtedly the highlight of his job .
It was a very impressive display of athleticism from the star, who has been in great shape since returning from the terrible arm injury he suffered against Brighton last year.
The former Lyonnais – who cost Spurs around £ 8million in 2012 (Independent) – has truly been at the top of his game for Spurs, and his latest posting for France drew plenty of compliments on social media :
When we said that Hugo Lloris was one of the best fit goalkeepers in the world, WE DIDN’T BLOCK, incredible performance so far 😍
– Eashan (@ EashN17) November 14, 2020
Our captain 🐐
– RichieTHFC # COYS 🇿🇦 (@ thfc46) November 14, 2020
Since coming back from injury he has been top notch, arguably the best in the league
– Ginolaaa (@ Ginolaaa1) November 14, 2020
He’s been flawless since coming back from injury, hasn’t made a single mistake
– Billy Mcgon (@billytheyido) November 14, 2020
– Josh (@thfc_josh_) November 15, 2020
Hugo Lloris since the restart pic.twitter.com/mnXUwprOns
– caleb 🐓 (@calebxthfc) November 14, 2020
– Chris Piper (@cmpiper) November 14, 2020
Hugo Lloris may be the best goalkeeper in the world right now.
– James (@James_ftbl) November 14, 2020
Hugo Lloris drops a masterclass tonight? The water is humid. pic.twitter.com/xrdgP2pA94
– NorwegianSpursy🇳🇴 (@NorwegianSpursy) November 14, 2020
Hugo Lloris since his injury has been absolutely crazy.
– ZainRM (@ Reigns33804065) November 14, 2020
Do you have something to tell us about this article?