– Omega tells a story about when he signed his contract. He said to Tony Khan, “Hey, what’s up? You can pay me all the money in the world, and it will be nothing unless I’m in the AEW Games division. He says he wants to give wrestling fans the game they want and deserve, something fun and easy to master but hard to master. He says he wants a game like NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, and Ken Griffey’s Home Run Derby. He says their team are the best at what they do, and he says they’ve conceptualized the first images of what they think wrestling fans want and need.
– The trailer that plays is an obviously jokey trailer, with 16-bit graphics and MIDI music. He says it didn’t score well in testing and that they want a game more like No Mercy or Virtual Pro Wrestling. So they ditched that, and he says they literally worked around the clock for a special preview of actual AEW gaming, coming to current and next-gen consoles.
– The real trailer starts with the AEW logo as well as Yukes. We see Omega and Jericho in a match, which features a lot of close-up shots and moves. The numbers are exaggerated musculature. We also see Hikaru Shida, and some taunts and movements.
– Omega says they’ve worked tirelessly around the clock, literally around the clock, to deliver the greatest wrestling game of all time and says that until it’s ready follow them on @AEWGames and AEW Games on YouTube. He says his time is near and he needs to say goodbye to them – but he has one more thing (again, Steve Jobs style).
– Aubrey Edwards comes out and says she wants to talk about something else. She rips off her referee outfit and wears a Jobs jumpsuit underneath. She pushes Omega away and says she wasn’t initially convinced when offered a contract, and said she wanted to be part of AEW Games. She talks about mobile wrestling and shows off a new trailer with footage of the Bucks, MJF, Cody, Big Swole. The game is AEW Elite General Manager, which allows fans to book their own matches and create their own league. There’s a lot of management stuff in there based on how it looks.
– Kenny said he had no idea they were working on this. Aubrey is thrilled he’s happy, and Kenny says they should stay tough through social media and AEW’s YouTube page. The updates will be there.
– Aubrey says Kenny had one more thing and lets him do it, but now Britt Baker is away. She is described as a “dentist and fashion icon”. Britt goes through the same talk about wanting her own perks, and she wanted to be in control of the AEW t-shirt. She reached out to the experts to find out what’s going on there and describes the three most important things:
* Two sleeves
* A logo that will turn heads
– She unveils the AEW Games t-shirt, which is now available at the AEW Store. Kenny and Aurbey are impressed, and Kenny thanks her for coming to introduce him. They back up the jersey once more and Aubrey pushes Britt off the stage.
– Kenny tries to do his “one last thing” again and of course Cody interrupts him. There are so many Steve Jobs on this scene now. Cody tells a story about when he decided to come to AEW and does the same. Cody said “Hell no” to a contract unless he was the head of AEW Games. Omega says that’s what he said. Cody said Tony said, “No, because you don’t know anything about video games. Cody still signed the contract and says Kenny is the only man qualified for console gaming, hands over Aubrey’s past as a mobile game developer and puts on the shirt.
– Cody says they’re all in development; can’t they give the fans something to play now? Everyone protests, but Cody says that when “daddy” went on hiatus, he speeded up something. We get a trailer with Kenny overseeing the work in a kind of glam-style music video. He has a Double or Nothing Casino token and walks into the casino, looking at everyone like Dark Order, Britt Baker, Private Party and more at the various tables. Aubrey is a reseller. He sits down at his blackjack table and says he’s ready to win. AEW Casino: Double or Nothing is coming in December.
– Kenny lifts everyone off the stage and sums it up: two mobile games, a T-Shirt, an upcoming console game. He has one last special announcement, a little something extra. They have teamed up with Yukes for the best console experience and they are working around the plot to deliver the best wrestling game experience. But they don’t stop there; they always strive to leave an impact, create a memory and become legendary. And there is no greater legend they could have recruited than the company behind No Mercy. Geta-san (Hideyuki Iwashita) has joined the project and has a few words to share. He says he’s thrilled to be involved in the new game.
– Kenny cuts it off and says it’s been a great day and throws social media again. Until then, he must bid adeiu.