A NEW ZIP Code Checker lets you see the coronavirus restrictions subject to your area.
Under Boris Johnson’s new ‘three-tier’ lockdown system, Britons will be able to search the government website for the new rules they are facing.
⚠️ Read our live coronavirus blog for the latest news and updates
The PM said: “A postcode search on Gov.UK as well as the NHS Covid-19 app will show what level of local alert applies in each area.
“We are also posting updated guidance to explain what Covid Alert Levels mean for those who are clinically extremely vulnerable.
“And although these levels apply specifically to England, we continue to work closely with devs to tackle this virus across the UK. ”
The three levels cover medium, high and very high risk levels of local foreclosure.
Those with medium risk restrictions must follow the national rule of six, while those with high risk will follow those rules along with a ban on mixing with households anywhere indoors.
People living in very high risk areas will follow even more drastic rules, reserved for places with the worst infection rates, with the rules of the first two levels as well as pubs and bars forced to close.
Under the Very High Alert Level, there may also be additional restrictions including the closure of places such as gyms and casinos.
HIGH ALERT: local alert levels
BORIS Johnson today announced its new plan to control the spread of the coronavirus with a three-tier system.
All regions in England except those listed below will be medium level.
Very high level
Liverpool City Regional Airport
- St Helens
- Cheshire West et Chester
- East Cheshire
- High Peak, the districts of:
- St. John’s
- Old Glossop
- Howard Town
- Hadfield Sud
- Hadfield Nord
- Blackburn avec Darwen
Yorkshire du Sud
- South Tyneside
- North Tyneside
- Redcar et Cleveland
- Oadby et Wigston
- Nottingham City
The current NHS Test and Trace app already allows users to quickly and easily check their level of risk wherever they are by simply opening the app.
The new rules will sync with the Test and Trace app to help people find out what the local lockout restrictions are
Liverpool have been plunged into the very high alert level, with severe restrictions coming into effect on Wednesday.
Most of the other areas with local restrictions already in place have received a “high risk” alert level, maintaining the ban on mixing households.
New local lockout alert level rules
- 10 p.m. national curfew
- Rule of six
- Measures in place in “medium”
- People should not meet anyone outside their home or support the bubble indoors, whether at home or in a public place
- People should follow the rule of six in gardens and outdoor spaces
- People try to cut down on their trips and cycle or walk if possible
- Pubs and bars must close but may remain open when serving a “heavy” meal such as lunch or dinner
- They can only serve alcohol when serving a meal
- Wedding receptions are not allowed
- People should not meet anyone outside of their homes or support the bubble in an indoor or outdoor setting, whether at home or in a public space.
- People should avoid traveling outside of their region, and others should avoid going to “very high” risk places, except for work, school, access to services for young people, family responsibilities or if they are in transit.
- People should not spend the night in another area if they live in a “very high” area
- People who live elsewhere should not spend the night in a “very high” area
A full breakdown of risk levels for each local authority and the new postcode checker was released shortly after the Prime Minister’s announcement yesterday.
Mr Johnson said the new system was essential in making it easier for Britons to know what level of alert corresponds to their area.
He said: “(The local lockdown rules) inevitably produced different sets of rules in different parts of the country, which are now complex to understand and apply.
“We will now simplify and standardize our local rules by introducing a three-level local alert level system. “
Boris under pressure to order the locking of the “circuit breaker” during the mid-term
Northern Ireland ready for 4-WEEK circuit lockdown with schools and pubs closed
BRANDS OF THE BEAST
Sarah Payne Killer Stabbed In Cell Shouting “You f *** ing Nonce”
Dominic West nuzzling Lily James looks like Tier 3: a very high risk
CHECK ME OUT
How ‘lucky’ lottery couples were torn apart by orgies and £ 2k cocaine attacks
Nine more months
Oxford vaccine official says UK has no hope of returning to normal until July