The US Embassy in Saudi Arabia said a potential attack using “missiles or drones” in the country’s capital was no longer imminent on Wednesday.
In an updated security alert, the US State Department said it “is no longer tracking reports of missiles / drones heading for Riyadh.”
“Exercise greater caution in Saudi Arabia due to terrorism and the threat of missile and drone attacks against civilian targets,” he said.
FIANCE OF JAMAL KHASHOGGI AND THE PRO-DEMOCRACY GROUP HE FOUNDED SUE SAUDI CROWN PRINCE MBS IN AN AMERICAN COURT
Hours earlier, the embassy had shared a security alert warning Americans of a potential attack that could be launched in Riyadh.
“The Embassy urges US citizens to remain vigilant and to investigate immediately and take the necessary precautions,” the warning reads. “If you hear a loud explosion or if the sirens are activated, seek shelter immediately.
The statement did not specify who could be responsible for the attack.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Saudi Arabia has been periodically attacked in recent years by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels from Yemen, where a civil war has raged since 2014.
Last year, a drone and missile attack damaged Saudi Aramco oil processing facilities, which the U.S. military blamed on Iran.